Douglas Boston, `Spirit of Sport`, 22 Sqn, RAAF, Goodenough Island, March 1943

How can looking at pics of such a lovely model ever be a bother Russ?!

Truly cracking work again!

Keith

PS were the resin cowlings by Alleycat by any chance, I know they did some, think I have a couple in stock for my Boston kit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's a real beauty!! I love the Havoc/Boston. I just finished the Border Model 1/72 version but nowhere near as nice as yours. Pity there aren't a better selection of kits of this plane. Cheers....Rich 

• Thanks 1

Excellent job on the Boston! I've always liked the look of the A-20. I suppose that's why I have two kits in 1/72nd scale (and I'm looking at more) and one kit in 1/32nd scale (the very nice HKM A-20G). And yes, I did use to have one in 1/48th scale, the kit Italeri based this kit upon, the AMT kit.

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

How can looking at pics of such a lovely model ever be a bother Russ?!

Truly cracking work again!

Keith

PS were the resin cowlings by Alleycat by any chance, I know they did some, think I have a couple in stock for my Boston kit

Thanks Keith, think they were, (terrible thing...... age 🙂 )really glad you like it.

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armorrich said:

That's a real beauty!! I love the Havoc/Boston. I just finished the Border Model 1/72 version but nowhere near as nice as yours. Pity there aren't a better selection of kits of this plane. Cheers....Rich 

Thanks Rich, yeah, we really need a new one in `48th, I`ve a love/hate relationship with this: love the plane, hate building this kit!

Cheers Russ

G'day Russ

Great model. Love the camo, excellent weathering and panel line wash. Great PSP (I have some PSP painted up ready to put under models, but haven't posted photos of it yet). Great vignette with the drum and fuel cans giving give a nice setting. MC

• Thanks 1

A subject I’ve long wanted to do myself and looking at that cracking model that’s exactly how an exact representation of A28-15 looks like. Very well modelled Russ, like all your beautiful Pacific kits, that’s faultless. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

As always, a beautifully built and presented model!
Looks brilliant from every angle.

A fine tribute to the RAAF crews who operated the type over large areas of the SW Pacific.

👏👏👏

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Baldy said:

Great result as usual Russ - not the easiest kit to build either!

Cheers

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm, hopefully there`ll be a more modern tooling in the not to distant future🤞

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

Great looking Boston from a rather difficult kit to build.  I too have the P-70 version in the stash.  It doesn't look like you did too much to turn it back into the basic Boston version.  I like how well you finished the kit and weathered it.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, georgeusa said:

Great looking Boston from a rather difficult kit to build.  I too have the P-70 version in the stash.  It doesn't look like you did too much to turn it back into the basic Boston version.  I like how well you finished the kit and weathered it.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks George, to modify it back I used a set of Alleycat resin cowls and fitted a bit of plastic tube to represent the exhaust, though you could just sand the exhaust stubs off the kit cowls and drill and cut the cooling slots into them. The side nose gun fairings came from the stash, left over from a previous build, left the radar out and chopped the aerial mount off the end of the nose.

Cheers Russ 

• Like 1