1:72 Airfix Handley Page Victor B.Mk.2

3 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Your fingers and toes did the trick - I dodged the bullet.

Wow, great news Bill, truly great news. I was actually getting cramps with my fingers, toes and legs crossed .......... you can imagine where the cramps were for that last one!

I'm so very pleased for you and family .................... so now, on with the Victor!

Terry

• Like 1

So, does this excellent news mean I can finally uncross everything? I’ve been finding it hard to see straight, do any fiddly work, let alone walking without falling over for ages now. 

• Haha 8

10 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

So, does this excellent news mean I can finally uncross everything? I’ve been finding it hard to see straight, do any fiddly work, let alone walking without falling over for ages now. 

Ha! Yes, everyone can uncross whatever they had crossed. Thanks again!    :)

It really is good news. I was told at my first diagnosis that 5 years would be an excellent first remission, but it lasted 12 years and now I'm going on 9 years for this one. But, as my oncologist always reminds me, it's not a question of if I relapse, but when. I appreciate his honesty - I don't need rosy scenarios if they're not real. This is going to sound weird, but I kind of prefer to have the relapse sooner rather than later. Why? It's best to get the chemo when you're younger and your overall health is better. Although, now that I'm pushing 70 maybe that doesn't apply anymore. Besides, maybe this second remission will last forever! In any event, I'm really, really happy that the bullet was dodged - on with the Victor! (And the Sea Harrier FA.2 as well - I'm building one of those simultaneously.)

Cheers,

Bill

PS. Panel line wash is complete on the Big Bird, and it's definitely too dark even though it's a light gray. I'll tone it down with some thin mists of white.

• Like 18

On 17/03/2024 at 18:39, Navy Bird said:

Now, where was I?     :)l

Fantastic news Bill, we extend out Galactic congratulations. :partytime: Now get on with the Victor! :whip:

Delighted but Impatient of Mars 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great news Bill....

Huh wait.... Sinus infection and they can now reopen it with a bot ???

Last time I had an exam for sinuses it was still done with chainsaw....It was 30 years ago....

Soooo human being can breathe by the nose ???

I forgot it for years.....

Great job on the Victor and on the Shar too...

Very glad that you get through all these health issues....

Now, I maybe asking for a doctor to look at my nose too.....

Sincerely...

CC

• Like 2

Much, much work to do. This is the rough state of the panel line wash. Quite a few spots to touch up and then I can hide most of it with a thinned down coat of white. Not sure this will be worth all the trouble. Trust me, the plane is white - the poor lighting is making some weird shadows.

IMG_7059

Why did you pick such a big model, says the guy sitting on my shoulder.     :devil:

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 20
  • Haha 4

It looks alwhite from here ;)

11 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Why did you pick such a big model, says the guy sitting on my shoulder.     :devil:

I would say failing eyesight, if i hadn't seen the work you're doing in the interior of that Harrier...

James

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, 81-er said:

if i hadn't seen the work you're doing in the interior of that Harrier...

What Harrier? Is there a Navy Bird build I'm missing? :frantic:

Ciao

• Like 1