Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Andrew.S

Members
  • Content Count

    274
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

864 Excellent

About Andrew.S

  • Rank
    Established Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Czech Republic

Recent Profile Visitors

552 profile views
  1. Thanks a lot Marcel. It's hard to tell, because I sanded the nose section too much (on the flat sanding paper) and that's why I had to use it. It's around 1 mm but again - that's my fault. If you do it correctly, there is no need for the spacer (I hope).
  2. Really nice double build, my Puss Moth will nit be alone here. There are really beautiful machines You do have my respect Sir - those A-models can be a real challenge!
  3. WOW that's wonderful kit and you are doing a great job!
  4. Thanks! I was hoping so, but after a short research I found out that many colourful aircraft had many modifications in their construction such as extra fuel tanks or different windows so maybe that's why there are not such options Sadly... Thanks The needles are just for handling, I trust those pegs connected to the wings and the struts and the CA glue I don't have much experience with the highwing structure - this is my first one so we will see... Thank you Moa, I am glad to see you there! The grief came just at the beginning after the purchase but now it's fine - just me, plastic and tools
  5. And there is the Sunday progress I started with wings, then went for the tailskid and the rest of the small parts. After that, I masked the clear parts and glued them with CA glue to its places... ... and after that, I started painting the wings with Agama Aluminium dope and then varnished them with Mr. Super Clear. After a good curing I applied the decals on the bottom of the wings. I have to say - they are really really thin! Perfect behaviour, fast progress. They are a real jewel in this box. The last part was painting the silver canopy frame with C8 Silver. Good day today!
  6. Thank you all, I really appreciate it! Todays progress - sanding, polishing, scribing and some engine details. There are seats in the cockpit finally! The fuselage is ready to paint as same as the tail section and wings. I will play with the struts and landing gear now. The clear parts have very distinctive layers from the master 3D printing so I had to cover them in the Future varnish. It seems to be better now, but I will glue them after a proper drying up. Wish me luck with them After the first control surfacer: And the clear parts - they fit quite well I have to say!
  7. Thank you guys, I am glad to read that. Today I painted the interior and now it's ready for putting the fuselage halves together. Small parts are prepared too, only the throttle lever is missing. I also made a luggage rack above the rear seat - I have to say it's quite a nice detail but not visible when the model is completed. I chose the light beige ceiling, redbrown padding and seats, and the wooden floor. I am looking forward to see it finished. Thanks! Cheers, Andrew
  8. Woow, that's stunning! Perfect job!
  9. Today, I worked on the cockpit and now it's ready to paint with the interior colours. I chose red for padding but the colour for the floor is still mystery. I also scribed the doors and made the padding and map pouches on the other side of the doors in the interior. The rear bulkhead with the seat was also made from scratch as same as the visible part of the engine. The clear parts are ready to glue into position too, but there were a lot of dry fitting I have to say . So there are the photos of the parts prepared for airbrush. Enjoy and thanks for reading!
  10. I bought this kit few days ago and after a short viewing I decided to start immediately. There are lots of imperfections in this kit at first sight such as missing doors, no instrument dials at all, air intake is sealed and both types of tires are wrong for the markings included in the kit. That's why I want this kit to be over before it grounds forever in my stash. I started with wings (they are quite nicely featured) and then with other major parts. Next step will be interior enhancements and creating the first engine cylider into the air intake. I am not sure about the marking yet, but the Czechoslovak BaƄa company is my favorite so far (but it needs a pair of new wheels). At first I wanted to build the famous G-ABXY "The Hearts Content" but after a short realisation I declined it. There were just too many differences on this record machine that will put this build to another level but all I want now is just a calm pleasant build only with necessary enhances. So there we go, first images: Windows:
×
×
  • Create New...