799 - 1/8 Citroën 15 Six Traction Avant

Bengalensis

The type of registration plates I'm trying to make isn't a plain white base, they are actually a slightly off-white, sometimes with a hint of cream and they are reflective. I usually never bother, but in this scale I thought I'd try to make something. Into the white I mixed a tiny amount of cream-beige colour and a little bit of silver, and I also added some pearl effect. The camera doesn't pick much of it up. If this was a good idea or not remains to be seen. After the black has been applied they will get a clear coat. A second coat of red has been applied to the M-sign.

15_606.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

You are so close to the finish now. Unbelievable! Did we not calculate about eight parts per day at the beginning of this thread?

Marvellous!

Thanks a lot Adrian.

I think it was something like that yes. I still find it hard to believe it has now come to this point, especially looking back to the first engine parts being assembled...

• Like 1

The registration plates have been finished and I'm quite happy with my paint experiment. Again the camera isn't really showing the result. The Motormännen badge and the S-plate are also fitted, and a club sticker found its way to the rear window.

15_607.jpg

15_608.jpg

I think it's finished now. Just two quick complete pictures on the workbench:

15_609.jpg

15_610.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations Jorgen! This build is such an achievement and an absolute showcase of advanced modelling skills. It's been a real pleasure following the progress of the Citroen and the end result is breathtaking. Thank you for sharing this with us in such detail. It's a beauty!

Steve

• Thanks 1

Hi Jörgen,

I've followed quietly since I know little beyond the basics about cars... but I've very much enjoyed the process, and the end result is truly beautiful B) 

Lovely job mate, you should be very proud of that :) 

Cheers,

Stew

• Thanks 1

A quite amazing build, from start to finish.

The attention to detail, and the methodical way you have overcome any problems along the way, has been most impressive.

How on earth are you going to top this one?

Tony.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TonyW said:

Tony.

Scratch built 1/4 scale version obviously.  :wicked:

Just kidding !

I can't see how you top this either. :worthy:

Cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1

@Pete in Lincs @fightersweep @JeroenS @JOCKNEY @Stew Dapple @AdrianMF @cherry268 @TonyOD @TonyW @Jinxman @Johnson

Thank you all so very much! It's been a pleasure and you have all contributed to push me along the journey. Much appreciated!

On 29/01/2021 at 05:41, Stew Dapple said:

I've followed quietly since I know little beyond the basics about cars... but I've very much enjoyed the process, and the end result is truly beautiful B)

It's been great to have you following along. Maybe inspiration to try building a car some day 😎

On 29/01/2021 at 11:38, AdrianMF said:

Looks ready to drive away!

I'll stop by your place when I drive it to England next time, OK 👍

7 hours ago, cherry268 said:

A truly inspirational build that we all should aspire to ( and personally no chance of)

Ah, you may very well achieve similar things, just look at your wood painting on your Citroën 👍

3 hours ago, TonyW said:

Not easy, but just keep building what is enjoyable and stick to subjects that are inspiring, from times when beautiful things were created, and you'll never know....

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Scratch built 1/4 scale version obviously.  :wicked:

Naah, anything bigger scale than this and I'm working in 1/1 scale, so maybe that's where it happens :wicked:. Oh, but I do have a 1/6 scale "kit" of an Alpine A110 stashed...

38 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll think of something 😉 

I've already cracked down on a new model this evening..., but I don't think it will seriously match no. And I need to attend some of my 1/1 scale projects in good time before the spring comes, so I may have time to cook up some sort of plan... 😎

• Like 4

Much is already said, but this absolutely stunning! Model building on the absolutely highest level, among the best models I've ever seen - especially compared to what was in the box! This must be the best build of this kit ever!

Truly inspiring, I have to start my 1/16 DS 19 soon!

• Thanks 1