1:72 MPM de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.2 (TT) XS587

On 1/2/2013 at 22:24, bunnylurve said:

Hardly touched it then! Gfaw, gfaw.

Looks lovely!

Probably true, compared to the problems with the kit that I didn't bother to try and fix! :)

On 1/3/2013 at 04:33, Duncan B said:

I'm kind of sad to see this one finished, it's like getting to the end of a very good book or bottle of wine (where someone else has put in all the hard work to produce a thing of beauty) and feeling that there should be more to follow. How about the Dragon Sea Venom or Xtrakit Meteor NF next Bill?

I know what you mean. It was a fun project, and I really wanted to do that scheme. There is just something cool about those yellow and black stripes. I saw a picture of a Canberra painted that way - that would be cool. And I've got to believe that somewhere there was a Meteor target tug, too.

As far as the Sea Venom goes, I have the CMR kit in stock, and I'm going to do that with Danni's Dad's colours. First I have to do a Grumman Jaguar for the Swing Wing Group Build, and then I have a Tigercat (with the Aires super detail set) to do for IPMS Noreastcon convention in May.

On 1/3/2013 at 05:10, cardiff guy said:

very well done " battle won "

Thanks! It was a battle at times, but mostly it behaved. :)

On 1/3/2013 at 05:27, merlin3945 said:

Sorry but if I might say only a couple of minor problems.

I dont know how to tell you this but........

You seem to have grown roughly about 647,000 extra hairs on your head. WOW.

I didn't say all those hairs were on my head!! :)

Thanks a lot, guys! I truly appreciate the nice comments.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

On 1/3/2013 at 23:06, Learstang said:

Brilliant build there! But if you had to sell your soul to the Devil only twice, you're just not trying then, Mate!

Regards,

Jason

I still have a couple of 1:72 Airfix SHARs in the stash... :):):)

Cheers,

Bill

Well done Bill

So good to see a kit in a rare and original colour scheme.

Careful you could make some of us have to think "outside the box" before starting a kit in the future ! :hmmm:

Cheers Pat

Edited by JOCKNEY

Hi Bill,

Another more than Superb build. You certainly have outdone yourself this time.

Really beautiful color scheme and your craftmanship is really great too.

All the Best,

Karen

Oh my word! What a stunning piece of modelling!

Very, very! Impressive!

Fabulous build & paint job, she looks stunning Bill . Fingers crossed for the Airfix 1/72 release next year !!! Regards Len

Congratulations Navy Bird, one outstanding job you've done there!!!!

It's a beautiful thing Bill! It was obvious from the wip that this would be a cracker and so it is.

It's also some well timed inspiration as 2013 is planned as year of the vixen for me with both this kit and an airfix in the pipeline.

Steve.

On 1/4/2013 at 06:03, Belle said:

Hi Bill,

Another more than Superb build. You certainly have outdone yourself this time.

Really beautiful color scheme and your craftmanship is really great too.

All the Best,

Karen

Thanks, Karen! I appreciate all the nice comments, makes all the work worthwhile!

On 1/4/2013 at 06:56, JamesP said:

He built and unbuildable kit, heretic! Burn him!! :jump_fire:

Superb and inspiring work.

LOL. I'm afraid I'm getting a bit of a reputation for that. What could I possibly do to top this one? There is that Italeri XB-70...no wait - no-o-o-o-o!!!! Wifey, please cut up the credit cards, hide my cash...!!

On 1/5/2013 at 06:39, woody37 said:

Only just noticed you've posted it Bill. Really enjoyed your build thread, very informative. She looks stunning, a great start to 2013 :)

Thanks, Neil! I actually finished this one on New Year's Eve, so I'll count it as finishing 2012 with a bang! If you haven't seen my 2012 almanac, you can find it here.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Cracking model Bill. I would go so far as to say that it is the best one you have posted on this forum. You have really captured the feel of this scheme! Love it!

Martin

• 1 year later...

I never saw this build before but it is absolutely stunning. Well done and, apart from the obvious shape problems I can't help but notice, I must say this has to be the best 1/72 Sea Vixen I've ever seen.

Graham

• 7 months later...

I've only just come across but it is absolutely stunning. Looks good enough to eat. An unbelievable job on what is a real modeller's challenge. Mine stalled at the point when I got the fuselage together and the outer wings seemed to be a different cross section from the inner wings. Will now have to look up the WIP. Thanks for the links from your Firefly build.

• Like 1

There are some models that just stop you dead in your tracks - this is one such model, absolutely superb. I know what a sows ear this kit is as I have a half built one in my stash, you have shown what a master of his craft can achieve with a sows ear!

• Like 1