Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PlaStix

Members
  • Content Count

    13,501
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

PlaStix last won the day on December 10 2018

PlaStix had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

18,363 Excellent

About PlaStix

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Leicestershire
  • Interests
    WW2 aircraft and tanks, model railways, etc.......

Recent Profile Visitors

8,026 profile views
  1. Hi Giorgio. Hope you are well. I am always so impressed when I drop into your thread. Your attention to the small details takes your projects to the next level. The wheel well detailing, for example, is superb. Looking forward to seeing more. Kind regards, Stix
  2. Well done to everyone who got a build into the Gallery. And to all those still working away - keep going!!! It would be great to see all the entries finished where possible. And don't forget to vote in the poll. Just 6 more days to get your vote in. Kind regards, Stix
  3. Hi Craig and thank you. Yes the Hasegawa kit is famous for it’s issues but I'm getting there slowly - and yes, I have started some painting! Thank you very much Glynn. So I've not had chance to do anything on this during the evenings this week as Mrs PlaStix and I have had a few days away. But, following some final filling, sanding and general cleanup, I started with getting the pre-shading on using some thinned Revell's Anthracite and a very fine small paint brush. Then I used some Tamiya masking tape for curves to mark out the areas for the D-Day stripes. It's the first time I have used any and it seems pretty good for what I needed. These photos show it after I had stippled on the thinned white Humbrol Acrylic matt paint using a stippling brush: These photos show it with the masking tape removed: Then I masked off the sections for the black stripes using normal Tamiya masking tape and then stippled on thinned Revell’s Anthracite. It took several coats but, once the tape had been removed, it looked like this: Next week I can start getting the main colours on. Comments and suggestions welcome. Kind regards, Stix
  4. Fantastic progress Steve! Hope you manage to sort a finish out to your satisfaction. Kind regards, Stix
  5. Fantastic progress Ozzy. All your added detail really brings it to life. Kind regards, Stix
  6. Hi Greg. Hope you are well. Sorry to hear you aren’t going to get it finished in time but, hopefully, you’ll get chance to finish it at some point and post some progress and final photos in your build thread. Kind regards, Stix
  7. Good luck on trying to get at least one finished Robert! Kind regards, Stix
  8. Hi John. Sorry you’re not going to get chance to finish it in time but I’m looking forward to seeing it completed at some point soon. Kind regards, Stix
  9. Hi Ian. Welcome to the GB and well done on getting it finished in a week! Kind regards, Stix
  10. Hope you are going to be able to get this into the Gallery in time Badder. Looking very good at the moment! Kind regards, Stix
  11. Great result Rich! Very well done! Kind regards, Stix
  12. Got to agree with Ozzy, Bob. Looking very sharp indeed! Kind regards, Stix
×
×
  • Create New...