Rim of the Pacific - 2025@20

bianfuxia

In 2024 we have NATO GB covering Europe;  also the Asia GB covering...Asia, and the South of the Rio Grande covering Central and South America and the Caribbean. And a year or two back we had the Africa GB. 

So here's one that's broader than a single alliance, wider than a single geographic region, and, of course, faster than a speeding bullet.

Rim of the Pacific is for any subject from any country with a Pacific coast, from the end of WW2 to today. Military and non-military welcome.

The list of the 40+ countries blessed with a Pacific Coast is below. If you've ever swum in the beautiful blue Pacific you'll know why I say blessed (unless you did so in Alaska, I suppose). It covers the US, Canada, USSR/Russia, China, Japan, a good amount of South East Asia, several Central and South American nations, Australia, New Zealand, and of course every last little Pacific Island State.

For countries with a Pacific Coast and an Atlantic Coast (eg US, Canada, Mexico) or Pacific and Indian (like Australia), try to pick a squadron or unit or ship based in or operating in the Pacific. For example, get the Hasegawa "Pacific Squadrons" F-14, or build a Vladivostok-based Soviet Mig-25.

The countries:

East Asia

Russian Federation/former USSR

Japan

North Korea

South Korea

People's Republic of China (incl Hong Kong & Macau)

Taiwan (aka Republic of China)

Southeast Asia

Vietnam

Cambodia

Thailand

Malaysia

Singapore

Brunei

Indonesia

Philippines

Timor-Leste

Oceania (Sovereign states)

Australia

Palau

Federated States of Micronesia

Papua New Guinea

Solomon Islands

Nauru

Marshall Islands

Vanuatu

New Zealand

Tuvalu

Fiji

Kiribati

Tonga

Samoa

Niue

Cook Islands

North America

Canada

United States (incl Northern Mariana, Guam, American Samoa)

Mexico

Central America

Guatemala

El Salvador

Honduras

Nicaragua

Costa Rica

Panama

South America

Colombia

Ecuador

Peru

Chile

The signed up:

1. me

2. @Corsairfoxfouruncle

3. @zebra

4. @franky boy

5. @Chrisj2003

6. @trickyrich

7. @Grandboof

8. @ModelingEdmontonian

9. @John Masters

10. @helios16v

11. @Stefan Buysse

12. @Marklo

13. @Andres Alvarado

14. @bissyboat

15. @2996 Victor

16. @Jabba

17. @theplasticsurgeon

18. @Courageous

19. @Richard Humm

20. @Celestialsphere

Edited by bianfuxia
  • Like 1

This could be interesting, count me in. There are lots of places on the list that I've never done before and will get me scratching my head - all those Pacific island states for example - and I already have something in mind for PNG.

I think there are a few places missing from the list as well - eg French overseas territories (New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna) - plus the Pitcairn Islands which of course is top of everyone's build list!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

The Pacific was full of interesting stories before 1945 too. Samurai, Captain Cook to name two that immediately came to mind. 

This is true but if it starts after WW2 it doesn't become a de facto Pacific Campaign GB

• Like 4

great idea, it does need to be post WWII, else size wise it could get out of control. But if someone was to propose a similar one that ends August45, then they would neatly bookshelf together!

But count me in, have quite a few eligible builds in the stash! 

• Like 1

Considering I'm from the Pacific Northwest (US), it'd be rude not to.  :whistle:

Plenty of options, from Prowlers/Intruders that were home based at NASWI, to many options from WESTPAC deployed squadrons, some Aussie/Kiwi, and a few JASDF birds.  And the Vietnam War options....I'm in trouble.  :mental:

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 8:55 PM, Marklo said:

I’ll bite. I have a Corsair in the stash that would do just fine.

3 hours ago, Andres Alvarado said:

Hi @bianfuxia, please add my name to the list 

Cheers

On 11/20/2023 at 10:40 AM, Stefan Buysse said:

Hi,

Yes, I'd be interested in this one.

2025 is the 75th anniversary of the start of the Korean war which may not get enough interest, but a Korean war build could hitch a ride on this one.

Cheers, Stefan. 

On 11/18/2023 at 10:48 AM, helios16v said:

Considering I'm from the Pacific Northwest (US), it'd be rude not to.  :whistle:

Plenty of options, from Prowlers/Intruders that were home based at NASWI, to many options from WESTPAC deployed squadrons, some Aussie/Kiwi, and a few JASDF birds.  And the Vietnam War options....I'm in trouble.  :mental:

On 11/16/2023 at 1:16 AM, John Masters said:

Broad strokes!  I like it!  Count me in please.  

Welcome to you all!

• Thanks 1

Well. The possibilities are endless here. Sign me up. My entry will be a floaty thing. Tamiya 1/700 JMSDF Defense Ship LST-4002 Shimokita. Waterline build with a lot of armour, helicopters, missile boats, hovercrafts. Tamiya 1/700 Shimokita 👍

Edited by bissyboat
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 11:14 AM, bissyboat said:

Well. The possibilities are endless here. Sign me up. My entry will be a floaty thing. Tamiya 1/700 JMSDF Defense Ship LST-4002 Shimokita. Waterline build with a lot of armour, helicopters, missile boats, hovercrafts. Tamiya 1/700 Shimokita 👍

Welcome - that's a great kit.

11 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Yes, please, sign me up as well!

Cheers, 

Mark

Welcome Mark!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• bianfuxia changed the title to Rim of the Pacific - 2025@16
  • bianfuxia changed the title to Rim of the Pacific - 2025@17
  • 2 weeks later...