Jump to content

And today's grump is....


Bullbasket
 Share

Recommended Posts

Next door's dog. It just will not stop barking. Never before have I felt so much need to put a bullet between anything's eyes. It's driving me insane. The neighbours have been spoken to and the dog apparently has anxiety issues and has a behaviourist visiting. The trouble is they just let it bark away, despite knowing how much it's bothering everyone in the neighbourhood. I'd rather not have to report it to Environmental Health, but it looks like I'm going to have to before I really lose it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

I'd rather not have to report it to Environmental Health, but it looks like I'm going to have to before I really lose it.

From the sound of it (see what I did there?) I think you should - and I'm a dog owner. You've done the reasonable bit by talking to them.

 

Of course it could be the BAN virus which apparently is very contagious. Once one dog in the neighbourhood catches it then others quickly do too. BAN = Barking At Nothing 😀

 

Mark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Microsoft!!:rage:

I've forgotten my password, so I filled in the little box which asked for my email address, and up comes a box saying that they have sent me a code to my email address, and I need to enter it on the page, so that it identifies me. Trouble is, it took over an hour for the email to come through, and when I went to enter the code, it told me that I was timed out. So, I tried again, and this time the email took even longer to arrive. What's the point??

 

John.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can beat that! Some time ago I had need to access my Gmail account. I don't use it much because I've had some unfortunate experiences with hackers and spam there; it's mainly to support a couple of aps on my phone. Naturally, I'd forgotten my password, so I too filled in the box and sent it. They were quick getting back to me to tell me that they'd sent me a code - TO MY GMAIL ADDRESS!!! It took quite a long time to get the message through that the reason I wanted the code was because I couldn't access my Gmail address and it was pointless sending the code there. Eventually sanity prevailed, and the code was sent to my real-world email, but it certainly convinced me that there are a lot of idiots on this planet, and far too many of them are working on the fringes of IT!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

but it certainly convinced me that there are a lot of idiots on this planet

.......and many of them appear to work in IT.

 

John.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Taxi drivers in Hybrids doing 20 or less in a 30 zone. Now im all for doing my bit to reduce emissions and all that.... but these clowns are only doing this to save fuel not the planet because at 20mph or less they are running on battery. Most are far from being considerate drivers as they tend to stop, turn and pull out without any signals or warning! 

 

Regards,

 

Steve

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Most are far from being considerate drivers as they tend to stop, turn and pull out without any signals or warning! 

Ahh, glad to see I wasn't the only one NOT issued with a crystal ball as I passed Leeds!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crane flies, seem to be unusually numerous this year, though specifically had one below average land in my drink earlier I’ve just had an absolute behemoth repeat the trick, which unlike the first I didn’t see land so got to see it made even worse by liquid magnification as I tried to take a sip……

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Taxi drivers in Hybrids doing 20 or less in a 30 zone. Now im all for doing my bit to reduce emissions and all that.... but these clowns are only doing this to save fuel not the planet because at 20mph or less they are running on battery. Most are far from being considerate drivers as they tend to stop, turn and pull out without any signals or warning! 

 

Regards,

 

Steve

We get this in MK where I'm from. The main road system is laid out in a grid pattern, then you have the minor roads within the housing estates. The main roads, are (in the main) National Speed Limits, so for all the dual carriageways, 70mph, and standard roads, 60mph. We have them doing 40 or 50 on the dual carriage ways, and 40mph on the 60mph roads! At those speeds, the petrol engine is kicking in rather than the Electric motor of the Hybrid engine! (I know, because we have an Auris Hybrid and anything over 40mph,  it's in petrol engine mode, at 50 the electric motor is only there to give it an acceleration boost, it's only running as a petrol engine, 40 or below is when you get the benefit of the electric motor and will run as an electric car)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 2:30 PM, lasermonkey said:

Next door's dog. It just will not stop barking. Never before have I felt so much need to put a bullet between anything's eyes. It's driving me insane. The neighbours have been spoken to and the dog apparently has anxiety issues and has a behaviourist visiting. The trouble is they just let it bark away, despite knowing how much it's bothering everyone in the neighbourhood. I'd rather not have to report it to Environmental Health, but it looks like I'm going to have to before I really lose it.

 

You have my sympathy. I have a similar problem with the yapper next door. There are other mutts in the road which bark too, and sometimes it sounds like a dog kennels. I just don't understand why you'd want to give house room to one of these things. I've nothing against properly trained, well-behaved and quiet dogs, but sadly they seem to be in a minority.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Photo bucket.

Keeps sending me emails telling me my account is over storage.

Options are pay to upgrade or delete my account.

 Won't let me log in and delete photos, because I am over storage!

Money grubbing con men if you ask my opinion...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jackroadkill said:

My van failed its MOT, the boiler's packed up and I'm having a hell of a job  un-silvering the stencils on my Eduard Tempest.

You have my sympathy. Our car failed it’s MOT the day before we were due to go on holiday. We ended up being able to reschedule the holiday, but it was a right pain.

As for the decals, it might be worth trying Ultimate Products Extra Strong decal solution. I had an Academy F-15D where the apparently much-loved Cartograf decals were horrendously thick and silvered terribly. The kit had already fought me every step of the way and was *this* close to CFITing into the nearest wall. I had to use a scalpel to pierce the decals and do several applications, but the silvering disappeared in the end. Has to be worth a try.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Here we go the coundown's started,from the 23rd of Sept one of the Great Movie channels are showing Christmas films,three months it's enough to make you weep....

 

Sounds like they got a late start.  Several of the cable networks here have been showing some select Xmas movies on and off since July  ( i.e. Christmas in July ).

 

Halloween stuff got put out in some stores mid August.

 

cheers, Graham near Ottawa Canada

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Here we go the coundown's started,from the 23rd of Sept one of the Great Movie channels are showing Christmas films,three months it's enough to make you weep....

As I can only think of three good Christmas films it is a station I will avoid like the plague.😀

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, ColonelKrypton said:

 

Sounds like they got a late start.  Several of the cable networks here have been showing some select Xmas movies on and off since July  ( i.e. Christmas in July ).

 

Halloween stuff got put out in some stores mid August.

 

cheers, Graham near Ottawa Canada

 

What really bugs me is it's all modern rubbish from the last 10/15 years,if it was some of the classic stuff it wouldn't be so bad...

 

23 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

As I can only think of three good Christmas films it is a station I will avoid like the plague.😀

Same here...

Edited by Vince1159
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stef N. said:

As I can only think of three good Christmas films it is a station I will avoid like the plague.😀

 

'It's a Wonderful Life'.

 

What are the other two?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, IanC said:

 

'It's a Wonderful Life'.

 

What are the other two?

Muppet's Christmas Carol and Home Alone. And even then I haven't watched these for a long time so they may be rubbish nowadays.😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

You forgot Gremlins....

I never got on with it to be honest. Watched it when it first came out but have never bothered with it since.

 

One I was thinking of is the original Die Hard. Can it be classed as a Christmas film??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/09/2021 at 20:56, fatfingers said:

Idiots behind you at a roundabout who lean on their horn when they decide your not moving fast enough when your waiting for a gap to enter. They can't see what i can see and i'm not prepared to cause a potential accident or injury to myself or others just to satisfy them. The roundabout in question can be a tricky one at the best of times without some prat in a clapped out Toyota Yaris up your tail pipe! 🤬

 

Regards,

 

Steve

Some guy in an Astra did this to me about twenty years ago, when I was driving a rather underpowered car and this roundabout was a bit of a challenge. Well I thought it's an offence to use the horn as an admonishment so he must be drawing my attention to a defect in my car. So I turned the engine off and walked back to him with a smile on my face. He decided to vacate the situation, reversed straight into the bus behind him and drove off tipping me over the bonnet as him did so. How the bus driver and I laughed, quid pro quo !

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stef N. said:

One I was thinking of is the original Die Hard. Can it be classed as a Christmas film??

It was set around Christmas but i'm not a fan of it,enjoyed it when it was first released but umpteen years later it's a case of 'flamin' eck,is that on again i'll watch the news'...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mike locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...