This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - de Havilland DH.106 Comet 4C by Mach 2 - released - Whirlybird Models exhaust pipes

Not great photos, but some off my iphone.. better ones over the weekend. 

45737638_2071516119535295_21934594346576

45748920_2071516239535283_25272064053335

Comet 4, shorten the fuselage, Comet 3 shorten it a bit more, Comet 4B shorten the wings, 3B shorten the wings and the fuselage (and add the nose probe). None of that too difficult if you are building a Mach 2 kit in the first place!

2 minutes ago, fatalbert said:

Oh wow,any idea on price yet?

It says £55 on the name badge in the photo... 🙃

1 minute ago, bhouse said:

It says £55 on the name badge in the photo... 🙃

Lololololol thanks,am blind as a bat😎

To be fair, apart from the wonky cabin windows on the Dan-Air version, that doesn't look too bad at all.  Much better than the Airways vac-form kit lurking in my stash. Two of the best schemes applicable to the 4C as well in my opinion.

Not able to attend the show this year unfortunately, so looking forward to some more pictures.

Chris.

It looks sweet and half the price of the Welsh kit too. I'm hesitant to comment on pictures, but it does look like Mach 2 have captured the nose profile rather well.

I can already hear the AM decal printing machines winding up to full speed as I write.

Tommo

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

11 hours ago, Radleigh said:

off my iphone

Thanks very much .. They look ace .. £55 isn't too bad . You bought one yet ?!!!

I also spotted a Northeast Convair 990 too in a cabinet behind the Dan's . Glad I'm not there , empty my card in minutes

I'll be looking forward to getting one of these. 

I agree that it does look rather good in these two schemes with the RAF version being particularly nice, apart from the reversed fin flash on starboard side, or was it on loan to the French Air Force?? 😁 

Definitely a good choice of model though. 

Those are very appealing.  They'd look great next to the Airfix Nimrod.

That's just what I thought Meatbox!

Un sujet magnifique! :wub:  

However, I was once badly bitten by a Mach 2 Valiant as a young man, so I remain a little shy... I think I will await the verdict of those more learned than I in the art of scale model construction, before I press the trigger on ordering one.

Rich 

Guess who bought a Transport Wings Comet 4C and the RAF decal sheet this year? Talk about taking one for the team!!

3 hours ago, cngaero said:

I'll be looking forward to getting one of these. 

I agree that it does look rather good in these two schemes with the RAF version being particularly nice, apart from the reversed fin flash on starboard side, or was it on loan to the French Air Force?? 😁 

...and the white outline to the fuselage roundel. Cockpit windows don't look quite straight either, but I'm sure that could be corrected.

A 'must have' for me, as I have flown on all five of the RAF's Comet C.4s.

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Guess who bought a Transport Wings Comet 4C and the RAF decal sheet this year? Talk about taking one for the team!!

Well done, sir! We salute you.

4 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Thanks very much .. They look ace .. £55 isn't too bad . You bought one yet ?!!!

I also spotted a Northeast Convair 990 too in a cabinet behind the Dan's . Glad I'm not there , empty my card in minutes

That’ll be the F-RSIN 1/144 kit - I beleive Mach 2 do their injection kits. I have their Comet 1, not bad but a bit rough

Another nail in the stash reduction coffin!

Now XS235 or XV814?

XV814 was a Comet 4 not a 4C, it was originally BOAC's G-APDF.

If anyone is doing an early Comet, can I have your spare bit of fuselage please? I want to do a BEA 4B! 😘

43 minutes ago, alancmlaird said:

I want to do a BEA 4B! 

Blame me for that confusion.I was winding him up about military Comets!  The 4B and C were the same length.

Built a Mach II PBM over a dozen years ago, at least.  Clear pieces were nearly opaque.  No amount of polishing helped.  Never again.  Life’s too short for that sort of misery.  You Comet-heads go on ahead.  I’ll just watch from the sidelines.  Good luck.

Having got one yesterday and having had chance to have a preliminary look at it, so far I am quite impressed. It does not have the same amount of flash that earlier kits have and the parts look generally well moulded with good surface detail. The trailing edges of the wings and tailplanes will need a bit of thinning, but that is not surprising. The transperancies look clear and are a huge improvement on earlier kits like the Frelon. The decals are usable, but I have my doubts over the font used. The wheel detail looks suspect and I think I have a set I bought to go with the Airways? kit which is now unlikely to be built and will now be free to a good home if I can find it. 

Edited by Mr T
Blasted autocorrect