1/72 - de Havilland DH.106 Comet 4C by Mach 2 - released - Whirlybird Models exhaust pipes

Homebee

Mach II from France will have a new surprise at Telford for RAF post war transport aircraft lovers.

Air Graphics is reported having partnered with Mach 2 and will be releasing resin update sets to compliment this new kit. 

To be followed.

And the winner is a: de Havilland DH.106 Comet 4C

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, iainpeden said:

Let's hope it doesn't clash with the special announcement by Airfix.

It won't.

The new tool 1/12 Richard the Lionheart is a long way from a post-war RAF transport aircraft.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Aeronut said:

Any of the above or a Valletta, Single Pioneer, Twin Pioneer or York and I might have just found the new top of my stash.

Valom is going to make a twin pioneer and Mach 2 already has the York.

Comet, plenty of potential options or Valetta as some modification could turn it into a Viking as MachII might be wanting to maximise the options from the mould as they have done with the York and  Britannia. Telford might start looking to be a tad pricey. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul J said:

Belfast!!!

I recall in the past that Mach 2 when asked, they had ruled out a Belfast because it was to big for their moulding machine. If thats the case one would have thought it may be the same for the Beverley too?

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

Yeah we asked when he released the Britannia if a Belfast was possible and he said No as the Britannia was the limit of the moulding machine.

As to what we have been watching for weeks to see if any news from Mach2 and almost assumed that nothing special was due with the lack of news (as he did the Jetstar in the Summer).

I suspect its a subject from RAF Cosford so possibly the Hastings, but could be the Comet or Varsity as they are in the lower hall rather than Cold War. A Beverley would be nice and not impossible.

I suppose it depends how he breaks the kit down, Hastings would be a popular choice, to be honest, any of the big transports would be welcome,

A Beverley would be nice and not impossible.

True Geoff, especially after the Argosy...talking of Armstrong-Whitworth .....how about an AW 681!

• Like 3

It will NOT be a Hastings. Didier told me he will not step on Mel's toes, or of other kit producers. It kills sales for both parties. Rules out the Andover and the Viking as well.

Varsity, would be nice. So would a Comet.

• Like 1