1/48 - AMD-BA Super Etendard (SuE) & Super Etendard Modernisé (SEM) by Kinetic - released - new SEM boxing

Homebee

It would be great if it was something 'exotic' but I reckon it will likely be a Hornet/Super Hornet 'family'. Kinetic haven't done the Hornet yet plus it fits in with all the modern US Navy stuff and accessories they've churned out to date:

E-2 Hawkeye

C-2 Greyhound

S-2 Tracker

A-6 Intruder

EA-6B Prowler

T-45 Goshawk

Deck/Hangar deck tractors, fire engines, weapons sets, deck crew, etc, etc. (via Skunkworks).

Pretty logical to me. Also paves the way for that mysterious new tool 1/48 F-14 'family'...

I reckon it will be the Su-17/20/22

(just because I have spent months and lots of money sourcing loads of AM stuff)

Beech King Air and Super King Air! Think of all the variations and markings. Guard Rails, USN trainers, Wernher von Braun's plane, RAF Trainer, tons of civil options.

Bring it on!

A guy can dream, right? :fool:

• Like 3

You ever built a Kinetic kit??

Hi Gary,

Modellers want more and more details, more and more accuracy. In many cases this implies introducing undercuts which isn't an option in plastic injection. Options:

1) use of slide molds which increases the tooling cost very fast; higher cost, often higher kit retail price to compensate, less kits sold

2) give up a little on accuracy; Zvezda didn't use slide molds on their Su-27 canopy while it would have been necessary to represent the capital omega cross-section

3) increase the number of parts but that increases the probability of fit issues and it makes the kit more complicated to build

Engineering is IMHO the art of making sound compromises and this is what manufacturers have to do. We want everything but it isn't possible.

• Like 2

3) increase the number of parts but that increases the probability of fit issues and it makes the kit more complicated to build

Hi Laurant,

Of course you and I discussed this very same issue only recently elsewhere - Its great to see people like Kinetic giving is flaps, slats and removeable panels, just make sure they fit well enough to justify the fancy CAD drawings dangled in front of our faces prior to kit release - their F-5 for instance builds into a lovely kit but only after one hell of a fight.

Modern jet not kitted before? Must be something Russian or obscure.

I bet their definition of modern is something Cold War.

The Boeing X-32 JSF concept demonstrator has not been done in 1/48.

What about the North American XF-108 Rapier, although it's not really that modern.

On the other hand, maybe it's a 1/48 Avro Vulcan .....

Its great to see people like Kinetic giving is flaps, slats and removeable panels, just make sure they fit well enough to justify the fancy CAD drawings dangled in front of our faces prior to kit release - their F-5 for instance builds into a lovely kit but only after one hell of a fight.

Yes Gary Kinetic kits have been pretty fiddly but they seem to be improving. From what I've read the AMX isn't too bad when it comes to fit.

Edited by Laurent