British Airways A319 - Short Runway Rotation Diorama

Hello fellow modellers

This is one of my favourite builds from a few years ago. It was sold shortly after being built but was inspired by my monthly trips on BA A320's/A319's down to Gibraltar. This is the Revell 1/144 kit built straight from the box minus the flap and slats tweaks, depicting a very short runway rotation just like in Gib but I guess I should have had sea at the end f the runway if depicting that. Please enjoy - I certainly did so during the build process, and thank you for looking in -

DSCF3824.jpg

DSCF3825.jpg

DSCF3827.jpg

DSCF3828.jpg

DSCF3829.jpg

DSCF3830.jpg

DSCF3831.jpg

DSCF3832.jpg

DSCF3814.jpg

DSCF3815.jpg

DSCF3816.jpg

DSCF3818.jpg

DSCF3820.jpg

DSCF3821.jpg

DSCF3822.jpg

DSCF3823.jpg

DSCF3824.jpg

Edited by Gimme Shelter
  • Like 24

That's a good little diorama capturing the moment - I particularly like the first photo with the support hidden from view. Perhaps that view with a brighter single light to cast a stronger shadow would make an even more impressive photo.

Great diorama there.

Hong Kong's old Kai Tak and St Maarten notwithstanding, Gibraltar has to be the most interesting airliner used airport I have ever seen. Airliners landing one minute one way, then pedestrians crossing the other way the next.

Cheers,

Mike

That looks great and full of movement. The 'plane looks good too. Very good indeed!

Excellent work on both the model and the base! :wub:

I wish I had the patience and skill you have. Speaking of which - and I am only saying this because I can clearly see that you have the means to pull it off: since the aircraft is on the move, blurred runway markings would have surely added that extra drop of dynamic :pilot::) But in this case the surrounding landscape itself would have had to be presented in a blurry manner, I suppose... :devil:

Once again, great job! One of the nicest presented airliners that I have seen :worthy:

Cheers,

Niki

Nice diorama. Gives it alot of live.

You did put alot of time into this.

The result is excellent.

regards,

Dirk

The Netherlands.

Hi modellers - thanks for the positive feedback. The RAF L1011 KC1 I am building at present will have a similar diorama base depicting the Tristar touching down at Brize N - coming soon this month!