Spot of the day - Part 7

keefr22

3 hours ago, Farmer matt said:

Rodded 1959 Ford Pop in the sunshine, what more do you need in life?

59pop

Matt

I love the  POP-rods...the british answer to the american rods 😎

Marco F 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Windy37 said:

Mercedes SLS lurking in the grass meadow / car park at Croft touring car meeting today . 

2023-07-29_07-59-17

Gary .

Not my favourite wheel on SLS but we are talking about SLS here so standards are pretty high in my book. Also, steel brakes! SLS in Designo Mystic White is oh so cool.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2023 at 12:01 PM, Windy37 said:

Mercedes SLS lurking in the grass meadow / car park at Croft touring car meeting today . 

2023-07-29_07-59-17

Gary .

It just doesn't do anything for me. I'm more intune with Pop Rod above.

• Like 3

Got invited by BMW M local distributor to join their event in my hometown last Saturday and Sunday, and this is what they brought:

IMG-5914.jpg

Brand new G81 M3 Touring. I am a fan of G80 M3, and the Touring has not helped me with my desire of getting one. Twilight Purple with satin gold M Performance wheels and Ivory leather interior, please.

IMG-5892.jpg

However, as much as I like the new G8x M3/M4, the G83 M4 Cabrio is my least favourite. Doesn't look as good as the coupe M4 or all the M3s, heavier, and very expensive. Not a fan. And weirdly, in Indonesia the M4 Cabrio is the only one available with M Carbon Bucket Seats as standard, the other M3s and M4 Coupe do not get one even as an option. Peculiar choice from BMW Indonesia. They also brought new LCI X3M Competition and M4 Coupe for the test drive event, but I am not really an X3M fan and M3 Touring > M4 Coupe for me.

• Like 4

Some spots from last days.

I never have been fan of Lamborghini, but of course it's worth of sharing when you see one.

p?i=c567876390ae9bb5e5e726e55619bc51

I still think one my favorite BMW's. Very well handling car.

p?i=77b8b6a74d2c57a0c93ad5388c281443

This I saw in area of our project house. I don't think too many of these are in EU.

p?i=8f692af62bf3274ad5b0a27e3497161c

Someone was with this in same hotel where I was staying some nights. My wife accepted it. 

p?i=f3bb2be45b651dd007ce0bd32392edd1

And there is something in this GS.

p?i=98ad22c70128f02fb62f063ac73b9ff2

• Like 8

Haven't seen an XJ-S in a long time. This one looked nice and my wife like it too.

PXL_20230728_232048425-L.jpg

This bike and sidecar I see almost every summer parked down by the park. 

PXL_20230710_190039044.MP-L.jpg

• Like 10

Spotted about an hour ago not far from Brands Hatch, a Vermillion Red Mini Clubman Estate.  Looked standard, and in very good condition, from the brief glimpse I had.

Trevor

• Like 5

@FG2Si I've seen several in the last few months over here. It's having something of a resurgence and is being professionally rebuilt by at least one company.

Back in the day it looked huge and ungainly for a GT car. Now that everything on the road is bigger it fits in nicely.

Two weeks ago I saw a very nice dark blue one on big five spoke alloys. It looked rather good.

Today in Scarborough (East Yorkshire) on the edge of the city I saw a Vauxhaul Cresta estate (see link for a pic of one). I reported this one a couple of years ago.

It was parked in the same place and in about the same condition, so may get put away over the winter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRo2mUgXUAA-aOt.jpg

An hour or so later and South of Scarborough on the road to Bridlingtion, a very shiny BRG TR7.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

@FG2Si I've seen several in the last few months over here. It's having something of a resurgence and is being professionally rebuilt by at least one company.

Back in the day it looked huge and ungainly for a GT car. Now that everything on the road is bigger it fits in nicely.

Two weeks ago I saw a very nice dark blue one on big five spoke alloys. It looked rather good.

Today in Scarborough (East Yorkshire) on the edge of the city I saw a Vauxhaul Cresta estate (see link for a pic of one). I reported this one a couple of years ago.

It was parked in the same place and in about the same condition, so may get put away over the winter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRo2mUgXUAA-aOt.jpg

An hour or so later and South of Scarborough on the road to Bridlingtion, a very shiny BRG TR7.

It must be a brave owner of the Cresta to leave it out regularly in the sea air !

Gary

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Windy37 said:

It must be a brave owner of the Cresta to leave it out regularly in the sea air !

My thoughts exactly. Though really, it's the inland side of the town so good mile or so from the sea.

• Like 2

I saw an MGA today, 2nd time in a week actually. I'm sure it's the same car as they aren't exactly common.

Top down, cold and raining.

That guy clearly knows how to enjoy himself!

Edited by Zephyr
  • Like 6

Out for my morning walk yesterday, saw one of those little Citroen Ami electric devices.

Strange looking thing.

Cheers,

Alan.

Edited by Alan R
  • Like 2

Spotted early this afternoon in Bardney (WW2 home of 9 Squadron, BTW) Lincolnshire a better than new Austin A40 in Maroon, Very smart & shiny.

@Alan R Is there a good looking electric car? I like the retro looks of the Honda E but the range is useless.

• Like 4

Over the weekend, several that I would call classics, a Mini, I think maybe an LE, a specific to New Zealand model I think, black grill with centre bars in red, my sister had a Clubman LE back in the late 1970s, burnt orange with a black roof & sports hubcaps, strictly a cosmetic special.  <_< Then later a lowered Mk 3 Cortina & shortly thereafter a Falcon GT (HO?) 1969ish model, all going the other way & her indoors next to me no good at recording the regos I called out & the bloody chauffer no good & remembering them.  :( Maybe a Ford outing somewhere. Today a very nice looking bright red Triumph TR250. I don't recall it being a left hooker but it should have been I guess unless it had been converted.

Steve.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Two days ago, a very early Mini with no plate suffix.

Like this:

Austin-Mini-7-1959.jpg

And today, a Volvo 480, in for it's MOT I suspect. Like this:

https://www.carpixel.net/w/3e1ea388821181316847f8b39c6030ba/volvo-480-es-wallpaper-hd-31684.jpg

That is a very nice Mk1 Mini. Not too many around these days.

Trevor

Considering the rubbish weather I had a surprisingly decent haul today. First of all an Austin A40, looking as though it's a daily driver too. At lunch there was a very nice condition red K-reg BMW 3-series, seen most days there so again I presume a daily drive. Also a Honda Prelude, R-Reg so I'd say around 1998 or so. And most interesting of all, and the only one I got on dashcam... another BMW, but this time a 2002:

53089457666_5b473ec28f_c.jpg

• Like 9