Jump to content

Alan R

  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Alan R

  1. Lego AND a Mustang! What's not to like! Watching with anticipation. Cheers, Alan.
  2. Spotted this Sunday, again near Wilmslow, a black Rolls-Royce Cullinan ... Thing! Even uglier than the Bentayga, in my opinion. Cheers, Alan.
  3. I had this kit as a child in the late 60s. Loved the look of it! Maybe I'll try to find one on the bay some time. Cheers, Alan.
  4. I know that feeling, and I'm only 67! Cheers, Alan.
  5. Wasn't that the the machine in the Telly-tubbies? My kids are young enough to have watched them as small children ! Cheers, Alan.
  6. I would agree that Tamiya are usually the better kits. However, Aoshima do models of more 'mundane' bikes. for example the Honda CB400 four on mk 1 & mk 2 versions. The only major difference that I can see is the rear foot-pegs are attached to the swing-arm on the mk 1, and to the frame on the mk 2. I had a bright yellow CB400 mk 2, and I remember the reviews of the time pointing this out. Makes the ride for the passenger a bit more comfortable. I have a partially built Aoshima Suzuki GS400 twin which has, so far, gone together well. It's a pity that neither do much, if any in the classic brit/US range of bikes. I wish there was a 1/12 scale early 70's Triumph Bonneville, for example. Also, there are a few Fujimi 1/12 scale bike kits, but I have heard that they are a bit more simplistic than the Aoshima and Tamiya kits. Cheers, Alan.
  7. This reminds me of a tale told to me by a friend. He had a friend in London who owned a T2 Transporter. He had fitted a Porsche 911 engine, not sure how powerful, powerful enough to perform a wheelie under hard acceleration! Apparently, the owner had put two concrete paving slabs in the front of the vehicle to put more weight over the front wheels. Whether this is possible, I don't know, but it makes for a good story... Cheers, Alan.
  8. In 1/24th, wiring any distributor is a pig! I still haven't found an ideal way to do this job. It was a lot easier when I was much younger! Cheers, Alan.
  9. Looks like something you would see in a Tin-Tin adventure! Lovely! Cheers, Alan.
  10. Spotted yesterday near Alderly Edge, Not one, but two Lamborghini Uruses (What is the plural for Urus, Uri?) and a Ferrari of some kind, broken down. Bit of a wealthy area there! Cheers, Alan.
  11. That's what I learnt to drive in... (1972) Cheers, Alan
  12. Now, if this was a Ugandan M'tatu (spelling questionable!) you would always say "There's always room for one more on a M'tatu"! Cheers, Alan.
  13. I got a lot recently for a big VW/Porsche build project. Be interesting to see how it goes. Haven't done a lot of building lately due to a hectic family life. That should change soon, but winter is coming soon, sadly. Cheers, Alan.
  14. Ditto. And they are really easy to use. You just have to be a bit careful with them as they are quite 'hot' Cheers, Alan.
  15. Spotted yesterday near Bristol, A mint looking red MR-2, last version. Cheers, Alan.
  16. So much love for both the E-type and the Anglia. Cheers, Alan.
  17. I used Sharpie black markers on one build I did, Came out quite well. Cheers, Alan.
  18. Love the Zodiac Cabrio. Cheers, Alan.
  19. I have been watching a YouTube video by a guy (Number 27) who bought a 308 during lock-down and has been journaling his odyssey getting the car to run properly. In the latest episode, he had to remove the front bank cylinder head and that was a right night-mare. So, a right bugger to service' sounds about right! Cheers, Alan.
  20. I prefer good old English Ale myself. Still an absolute stunner of a build! Let's have more of these 'odd-balls' Cheers, Alan.
  21. Lovely! I built mine bog-standard (See my avatar). Nice easy to build kit, but the decals were a true pig. No amount of decal solution would make the blighters conform. Certainly not on the licence plates anyway! Yours looks stunning! Cheers, Alan.
  22. I love this car! Had this kit way back in the day. I have been looking around for a long time to find one, but when they do turn up, the price is astronomical! Cheers, Alan.
  23. Gotta love the Wolseley. I had one briefly in 1972. Pale blue. Never got to drive it though. replaced it with a 1963 Mini 850. Cheers, Alan.
  • Create New...