Humorous Number Plates

Noel Smith

Not far from me I once saw a Toyota Starlet 1.3 Glanza Turbo.  One of those classic Japlish names.  The number plate was something like NOB 311D, with a carefully placed screw head between the 1s.

One of my friends ages ago saw two Ferraris parked side by side. The first one's number plate was

"NOT 1" and the second 's 

"BUT 2"

When you have the money to buy two Ferraris you might as well brag about it!😄

Nick

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

WE had one around our way JO55BAY. 

The local sea area is called Joss Bay.

Dick

• Like 2

I've often wondered if anyone has MU51 CAL.  Seems the type that DVLA would keep back and auction. 

Mind you, an old neighbour had LUV 150K (Love is okay) and tried to sell it to a wedding car company. They weren't interested so it went when the car was scrapped.

• Like 1

Many years ago there was (very briefly!) a Mini Cooper S on Sydney roads with the rego "6UL DV8". Didn't take the rego authorities long to call it back; the real question is why they allowed it to be issued in the first place!

• Haha 2

And the ultimate. Yes it does exist. .....Or rather did.

PEN 15

Saw it several times in the 70's when at Uni.

Richard

• Like 1

Dickie Henderson

D1CKY

Lets not forget Paul Daniels

MAG1C

Edited by jenko
  • Like 1

There is an entirely bland looking grey VW electric (Golf?) around here, with the registration B888BBB (which in number plate font has squared characters, so they all look pretty much the same).

I used to see Y 1 1UV U quite often. I looked it up and its now on a Porsche but I seem to remember it being on an Espace or something.

The most effective I have seen was JA51UAR with the 5 and 1 subtly making a G

Finally, a local supplier of organic fertilisers and such has somehow got away with registering their delivery van JU57POO.

Matt

Saw a hideous (aren’t they all) Porsche SUV the other day in Alresford.

I would have hoped who I assume owned it would have had better taste than to apply his BRDC badged P1ATO to such a monstrosity…

21 hours ago, Farmer matt said:

a local supplier of organic fertilisers and such has somehow got away with registering their delivery van JU57POO

There used to be (may still be) a firm in Somerset that ran a fleet of tankers, one of which was registered R14POO. Their business? Emptying cess pits.....

I was once followed by a car with the registration T151OHW. Seen in the rear view mirror, I thought it very clever.

Cheers,

Mark

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

There used to be (may still be) a firm in Somerset that ran a fleet of tankers, one of which was registered R14POO

I leave near a sewage farm and one of the tankers that takes away the fertiliser has a plate that ends with CAC.  In which vein there's also Pimlico Plumbers, whose original fleet of vans all had plates that included words like LOO and TAP, plus some pretty inventive ones.  Now they've been bought out and expanded and it's all got a bit boring.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just down the road from me

P800ORN

Hard to miss.

Edited by jenko
Should have used capitals
  • Like 1