Revell 2017 first quarter

modelldoc

There seem to be some scale errors in the linked article. The MiG-29S must be 1/72 if it is ex-Zvezda, not 1/48 as indicated. Revell have a 1/32 Ju 88A-4, but the ICM kit is 1/48 and the link says this is ex-ICM. The 1/32 Spit IX will be nice as a cheap alternative to the Tamiya kit (though not nearly as detailed). I'm curious to see how much of the original kit is re-used though: wings, fuselage and tail surfaces all are different.

Ex-ICM, ex-Italeri, ex-Eduard, ex-Zvezda, ex-Special Hobby, re-intro and some scale errors in the press release... :shutup:

Also here: Revell-Neuheiten IV/2016 und Januar bis April 2017

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hersteller_News/Revell_News_2017_I.html

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, T7 Models said:

Do you get the figure of the Queen as a bonus in the Queen's Guard kit?

I hope the Swiss Guard comes with a figure of His Holiness! Model Pope!

Figures aren't my thing but they seem like a really cool idea.

Brace yourselves for more dissapointments, and all this while RoG is still has some outstanding toolings that havent seen the light of day for ages, but no

He 177A-5, F-86D Late, Do 217A-5, Rafale B, Hunter F.6/FGA.9, Junkers F.13, Junkers G.38, Fw 200/Bv 222/, Ju 290 i both old and new versions,

SB2C-4 etc...host of subtypes that could be made using current toolings

not to mention reboxing of Hasegawa kits that should have been continued.....

• Like 3

The Hunter kits are really due a re-release.

There is nothing really on that list to get excited about. Seems the takeover at Revell has killed new kits when they were doing so well.

Julien

• Like 9

Hi there,

first of all I would like to point out that the aforementioned press-release was mine and mine alone; meaning: The (meanwhile fixed - thank you all for the information) errors are also mine and mine alone! I simply rushed to the hotel, wrote a text and uploaded pictures for this article. And bviousely I did include some glaring errors for which I do apologize!

Her Majesty and His Holiness won´t be included in the 1/16th figure kits - these are simply re-issues of ICM´s "Guards of the World"-series!

T

On 12.11.2016 at 12:50, Julien said:

There is nothing really on that list to get excited about. Seems the takeover at Revell has killed new kits when they were doing so well.

Julien

Well Julien: The news I brought to your attention are only the kits to be expected in the first quarter of 2017 - so there will definitely be some thrilling (at least for our British readers!!) news on January 1st - then I will publish the new kits to be released from Quarter II to IV/2017!

On 11.11.2016 at 17:40, Graham Boak said:

Perhaps that's how they sold the idea of a Mk.IX to the top management.  "It's only a modification of the old tool."  Rather like (real life) the F-84 to F-84F story?

Nope: The Spitfire Mk. II was planned to be a multi-version kit from the beginning!

That was maybe the reason for those errors concerning the oilcooler amongst other "problems" with the initial release?

Michael

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Der Lingener said:

Nope: The Spitfire Mk. II was planned to be a multi-version kit from the beginning!

That was maybe the reason for those errors concerning the oilcooler amongst other "problems" with the initial release?

Michael

The biggest issue with the Mk.II is an error for any Spitfire variant, the curved belly.

The Oil cooler is more correct for a Va, but irrelevant for an IX.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13.11.2016 at 17:49, sroubos said:

The Embraer 190 is a new kit isn't it? They had a 195 but that's a lengthened 190, so it can't be the same plastic you'd think.

Exactly: The new Lufthansa-Embraer will have a totally new fuselage as Dave said...

Michael

• Like 1

On 11/13/2016 at 4:40 PM, Der Lingener said:

so there will definitely be some thrilling (at least for our British readers!!) news on January 1st

Michael

By any chance would the news also thrill Saudi and maybe a few Italian modellers too? :hmmm::winkgrin:

Cheers,

David

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 1

On 13 Nov 2016 at 5:40 PM, Der Lingener said:

Well Julien: The news I brought to your attention are only the kits to be expected in the first quarter of 2017 - so there will definitely be some thrilling (at least for our British readers!!) news on January 1st - then I will publish the new kits to be released from Quarter II to IV/2017!

Thrilling...? British readers...? Hunter...? Pleasepleaseplease...!!!!

• Like 1

Shall we really start the GUESS WHAT game ???

It´s just a 30+ days period to wait. The only sure issue is the much spread sceptical view on products from certain brands which will arise - as certain as Dec 31 is followed by Jan 01. And after the announcement of new kits and long before the first real plastic comes to daylight the sceptical view will turn into harsh discussions and statements (mostly on other forums than BM) about the quality of the kit(s) - Learnt my lesson with the 262 which resulted in a wonderful kit, as predicted.

Intervening comments shall only be made if FACTS have to be clarified.

Let´s get modelling !!

Cheers

Andreas Beck

• Like 2