*Back in Black GB - now at 33

Col.

This one I think pretty much defines the boundaries for our GB Arnold. I'm inclined to say yes but by only a narrowest of margins.

• Like 1

This one I think pretty much defines the boundaries for our GB Arnold. I'm inclined to say yes but by only a narrowest of margins.

Thanxs Col.This rocks :elephant:

I was in doubt myself so I think better ask first. I will try to make it a little bit more black. Now we need to get this GB trough at the end of this year.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I would like to join in when this goes ahead, preferably with a ship if I can find any black ones. I know that a number of British destroyers were predominantly black (they were easier to see than lighter coloured ships at night by the Germans by some paradox). Chorozy Modelbud did some mainly black German torpedo boats if I get stuck. If not, I do have some aircraft that will qualify anyway.

As for the coroguard problem mentioned earlier on the All Black's plane, grey is just a paler shade of black anyway! Sorry, I'll get my coat...

Look forward to this going ahead.

Cheers, Ray

• Like 1

Black...does that mean the whole model has to be black without any other colour .

Are some stipes or a white rudder for example allowed ?

So long as the subject is mainly black it qualifies. So yes a white rudder or some stripes is fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you add me please? Looking at a p-61 black widow, at least, without pulling my stash apart to check all the included decals.

Matt

Cool subject Matt. You're on the list fella.

I'll be building a Beaufighter night fighter. Original, eh? :lol:

If I can work out a way of doing the nacelles properly it will be a Mk.II.

Perhaps Airfix or some enterprising aftermarket producer will save you the trouble before this one kicks off? Sure that would be a popular conversion kit.

I'll be building a Beaufighter night fighter. Original, eh? :lol:

If I can work out a way of doing the nacelles properly it will be a Mk.II.

The Beaufighter was also on my list of posabilaties (and that is already growing). But than a Original Tamiya one with the Bambi drawing.

Cheers,

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone bagged the old bit worthy Italeri Do217N-2

All I can find tho is the N-1..was I imagining it I wonder...?

217nbt.jpg

Built one years ago but haven't stumbled across one for sale for...lets say a while..(hence the ? to the sub-mark)

...maybe I have mentally cross-kitted with the Revell-Monogram 48th scale N-2

Edited by dpm1did1

• 1 month later...

Count me in for this! I'm usually an aircraft modeller kit assembler, but languishing in my stash is a Revell 1/25 1957 Chevy hardtop- the kit includes parts

(although not instructions) for a drag racing Gasser, with lifted suspension and a front beam axle. I can see it in a sort of "Two Lane Blacktop" black

primer finish . . .