Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

S5 modeller

GB Hosts
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2,004 Excellent


About S5 modeller

  • Rank
    Very Obsessed Member
  • Birthday 05/10/1973

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests

Recent Profile Visitors

2,345 profile views
  1. S5 modeller

    Gloster meteor f.4

    HI Ben. Use it straight out of the bottle, sprays like a dream, and levels out beautifully. To be honest I think it's impossible to spray it badly, I certainly couldn't muck it up, and I'm no airbrush expert. Matt
  2. S5 modeller

    Gloster meteor f.4

    It is Mike, amazing how quickly time flies by.
  3. S5 modeller

    Gloster meteor f.4

    How do chaps. It's been a while since I did any modeling, and this was my last kit I worked on. It's been languishing on my bench, getting a nice thick coat of dust. I'm trying to get back to building again, so asked @Mike to kindly move it from the completed raf group build, to here. I'm hoping it will encourage me to start working on it again. Matt Edit: wow didn't realise how long it's been since I sat down at the bench!
  4. S5 modeller

    Not another one .. !

    Good to see you back working on your favorite subjects Rob. Been away too long myself, only just getting back into it. More power to your elbow mate, keep it up. Matt
  5. S5 modeller

    Photo etch and fabric seat belts

    Hi chaps. I'm currently working on a 1/32 gloster meteor, and want to fit aftermarket harnesses. I have a set of radu brinzan sutton harnesses that are period correct. I've already scrapped one set trying to assemble them, and am now a bit wary of scrapping another set. Has anyone got any tips on the best way to assemble them? Being 1/32 I thought the parts might be a fair size, but I'm struggling a bit. Can anyone help me out? Thavk you for looking in. Matt
  6. S5 modeller

    airfix 1/72 handley page hampden

    Hmmmm... That's a good question. It got packed away when I had to move my work area, and kind of got forgotten about. If I remember correctly I got a bit bogged down with scribing the panel lines on it, and lost heart with it. No doubt I will return to it some day soon. Matt
  7. S5 modeller

    Dragon 1:9 war machine

    Thanks for the suggestion Will. Wiggle room certainly sounds handy, help with alignment. I'll give it a go over the weekend, and report back. Thanks to you @Will Vale and @The Chief Smeg you're starting to rekindle my love for this build. Matt
  8. S5 modeller

    Dragon 1:9 war machine

    Good shout that man. Might be worth a look as I can get some from work. Matt
  9. S5 modeller

    Dragon 1:9 war machine

    I think it will be the best way too, to be honest. I'll just have to try and hit the mark first time. Matt
  10. S5 modeller

    Dragon 1:9 war machine

    How do chaps. I pulled this kit out of the Bex today, for a quick looksie. Here you can see the stump of his spine, next to the red wire. Here's where it snapped off at the base. I'm really looking for suggestions on how to repair this damage, as I don't think a pure butt glued join will hold it secure. I thought of drilling the stump to take a length of brass rod, but I'm worried about aligning the two halves. The base should take drilling quite well as the whole spine unit was glued between the two halves of his pelvis, so the piece won't push into the pelvis. Apart from that, I'm at a loss on what to do, any ideas? Matt
  11. That's a cool idea with the sunglasses. Some serious out of the box thinking going on here. Loving what you've done so far. Matt
  12. S5 modeller

    Dragon 1:9 war machine

    Hi chief, and will. War machine is resting uncomfortably in his box at the moment. When I moved my modeling room last year he suffered an injury not too dissimilar to the film "captain America-Civil War". The wife unceremoniously stuffed him in his box, and broke his spine. He still needs repairing. I'm currently tied into a group build at the moment, but I might try to resurrect him after it's finished. Thanks for bringing this build back to my attention, and perhaps towards the end of July I will get back to it. Matt
  13. S5 modeller

    Gloster meteor f.4

    Thank you Dave and bigx. I too peek in on people's threads but don't comment much. To be honest I don't think I have that much knowledge on the subjects to comment. I'm trying my best to keep it informative, as best as I can, and point out any issues I come across. Matt
  14. S5 modeller

    Gloster meteor f.4

    Thanks Glynn. It is a fairly involved build, but with some poorly thought out mold issues. Also the lack of engine detail and intake tubes is odd, especially at the price point of this kit. It's almost like it was rushed, and designed with aftermarket parts in mind. There are some lovely engines available for this kit, but the price of them would double the cost of the kit, and that's if you only want 1 engine! I've glued the rear of the wing assembly to the fuselage... This is the rather strange arrangement at the rear. Don't know why they did it like this, seems over complicated to me. This is the resulting gaps left along the wing root join. They do close up when pressed though so shouldn't be too bad. I have looked over some other builds on the net, and people have avoided the gaps by gluing the upper wings to the fuselage first, then gluing the assembly to the lower wing. I didn't attempt this, as I was worried about aligning the wing halves after.
  15. S5 modeller

    Gloster meteor f.4

    I know, it's the most stupid place ever to put them. It's not like it's a big piece that needs a lot of help to get it out of the mold. A couple would have sufficed.