Sci Fi II Group Build

Please remind which film that scene with the boat was in.

Star Trek IV - The Journey Home. It's where the crew have "stolen" the Bird of Prey, managed (through the iconic slingshot manoeuver) to go back in time to the 20th Century to pick up the whale from San Francisco, only to find that the whale was released. They track the whale and appear, somewhere off Puget Sound I think, just as the whaler was sending its harpoon towards the whale. They de-cloak after the harpoon clunks against the Bird of Prey and frighten the whaler away (which is where this shot is from...)

Philip

Well I've got a couple of options.

the first, and most likely will be this...

hsg65725_0.jpg?v=1415765385

Its a Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1J/A out on pre-order for December 20th, so I'll have it in time. Then again... I might build it before hand. The other option is this:

post-4919-1190607207_thumb_zps26d084b1.j

Basically its a resin conversion for a hasegawa YF-21 that allows it to be built into battroid mode.

yf-21-fastpack-battroid.gif

What I might do is make it articulate with joints... as its currently a fixed pose model but a few people have modified it in the past.

I've got a couple of other options that I might go with too. We shall see.

Edited by -Neu-

To say this GB is going to be extremly interesting is an understatement - some great stuff at the horizon!

Picking a subject was very difficult (especially as there are quite a bit of interesting GBs takeing place at the same time and I know my slow pace) - I thought about some Fine Mold kits (Slave 1 maybe) or the Hasegawa MaK Falke plus some girls - or even a complete scratchbuild à la Mak but a rare offer on evil-bay settled it (not in original box but who cares...):

p1sp_zpsca09d267.jpg

It is the 1:12 scale Atomic City 2001 Space Pod. I plan to scratch build the interior (the kit one is not very accurate) and add lightning etc.

• Like 3

am leaning towards the Podracer, as you don't tend to see many built...

There's a reason for that. The kit barks, loudly. Although the small plastic figure is a better actor than the young chap who played Mannequin...

• Like 3

Haven't decided on a build yet but will be something from this lot - probably not the Falcon (as it's really a KUTA project) so am leaning towards the Podracer, as you don't tend to see many built...

My podracer as inspiration to build yours - Wayne

DSCF1339.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in updating the thread, I have felt like death warmed up until today.

The list is now updated, we currently have 47 confirmed participants.

I am looking forward to seeing how many more builds we get along with the choices, there are some really interesting builds already.

Thanks for your patience.

Rick

May I ask a question please:

Do entries to this Group Build have to be "recognised" science fiction subjects: I've been looking for a good excuse to build a "flight of fantasy" craft inspired either by one of Wernher von Braun's paper concepts from the 1950s or something from Stewart Cowley's Terran Trade Authority books ?

May I ask a question please:

Do entries to this Group Build have to be "recognised" science fiction subjects: I've been looking for a good excuse to build a "flight of fantasy" craft inspired either by one of Wernher von Braun's paper concepts from the 1950s or something from Stewart Cowley's Terran Trade Authority books ?

Hi Richard,

Sorry I did get your private message, but have been feeling crappy and its difficult to reply on a tablet pc.

I think we can let you have some artistic license as long as it looks vaguely like scifi. flight of fantasy can still be scifi.

Rick