Romanian and Free French Hurricanes - Hasegawa 1/48

Finally got these off the bench after a few months of modelling inactivity. Enjoyable builds, and I think the Hurricane looks much sweeter on its boots than the Spitfire, so as a modelling subject I prefer it. They are the limited edition kits using box decals (Mostly) although the prop on the Romanian one is an Airfix Spit prop thanks to Troy, as well as the guidance he gave throughout the builds. There a few things left to do and some errors most noticeable on the Romanian one, but I'm not going to tell you if you don't already know! Painted with Gunze dark earth, Tamiya dark green (xf-81), Xtracolour mid stone and azure blue. The only aftermarket bits were the Mk.II exhausts and Falcon canopies. The Crois de Loraine decals supplied in the kit are red, so I cut some blue decals up to overlay them with blue ones which from the evidence I've come across appears to be the case. Hope you enjoy :)

Romanian kite

30_zps7b486f81.jpg

31_zps8ea98402.jpg

32_zps7d79fd9b.jpg

33_zps47de5394.jpg

35_zpsf1adf1b7.jpg

Free French kite

37_zps9afd73c5.jpg

36_zpsaaadbff8.jpg

38_zpsb3147d5b.jpg

40_zpsa219c4a0.jpg

41_zps647802f4.jpg

Thanks for looking, Neil

• Like 18

Lovely, sharp looking builds regardless of whatever errors you may be referring to... :pirate:

I am always extremely pleased to see a Romanian plane being build, but I can agree with you and applaud the very nice Free French Hurry also!

Great job overall!

Cheers,

Niki

:bye:

• Like 1

Cracking Hurri`s Neil

They are both fantastic models and well up to your usual high standard! I plan to do an French Hurri myself but I now fancy a Rumanian one too! Well done with the the prop stripes!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

There's some great options out there for the hurricane, Rich (Hurrinut) has built an inspiring collection and displays them at the shows, some really interesting options out there including two seaters.

Thanks for your kind comments. At a loss of what to build next, too many inspirations taking me in different directions!