Aeroclub Hawker Demon

Just finished this. Aeroclub 48th scale Hawker Demon and Pheon Decals.

DSCF0123_0094copy_zps40968abf.jpg

DSCF0114_0085copy_zps6cb9248a.jpg

DSCF0113_0084copy_zps065d1800.jpg

Pretty much out of the box. Lewis gun replaced with spare from a Roden kit. Oil cooler is scratchbuilt from plasticard because I lost the kit part.

Panel lines and control surface breaks were scribed over to make them a bit deeper.

• Like 3

Hello fellow North-Easterner, a real beauty you've got there and superbly built.

Perhaps the true quality of the model could be further enhanced by just presenting (photographing) against a plain background?

Brian

A really impressive build. It's nice to see it built andd not sitting in a stash.

John

Cheers John

Am tempted to get another and convert it to a Hart. Any plans to produce a kit, or maybe just do the extra bits as a conversion set with new decals?

And thanks to everyone for their kind comments. The photos were just quick snaps late last night after I had just finished the model. I must say what a pleasure the kit was to build. I had my doubts about the etched interplane struts but they are strong and work very well. Fixing the upper wing was so easy.

Silver finish was Plastikote enamel 109S Silver bought from Wilkinsons. Front end polished up a bit and the back end varnished over to ger some contrast between the fabric and metal areas.

Ed

The conversion parts patterns for 'other' Hart variants are patterned to fit on a new single gun fuselage and they await moulding when I've got the present workload out of the way. The only other way that the struts could be done for strength would be resin moulded on wire (and what a pain to make that would be). White metal even the high quality alloy I use would be just too fragile. With a little preparation the etch is tops IMO. I have Jonners splendid build in my cabinet as he so kindly gave it to me at Telford. (When you want something in exchange Jonners let me know).

John

Edited by John Aero