Hobby2000 1/72 Saab Draken

3 hours ago, AliGauld said:

I have this one waiting to go and was wondering what colour you used for the blue.

The topside blue is a mix 1x AK Acrylic Dark Sea Grey + 1x Humbrol Acrylic 104 Oxford (dark) Blue. FWIW the "green" is Humbrol Acrylic 155 Olive Drab, and the undersides are 2x Revell Acrylic 79 Blue-Grey + 1x Revell Acrylic 76 Light Grey and Revell Acrylic Silver.

It was an empirical formula - I had three or four goes on my paint mule until I got something that looked about right.

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1

Just now, AdrianMF said:

The topside blue is a mix 1x AK Acrylic Dark Sea Grey + 1x Humbrol Acrylic 104 Oxford (dark) Blue. FWIW the "green" is Humbrol Acrylic 155 Olive Drab, and the undersides are 2x Revell Acrylic 79 Blue-Grey + 1x Revell Acrylic 76 Light Grey and Revell Acrylic Silver.

It was an empirical formula - I had three or four goes on my paint mule until I got something that looked about right.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks very much.

That will help me when I finally get round to it.

Cheers,

Alistair

A lovely build of one of my favourite jets. You've nailed the finish, and the overall impression is excellent. Top work.

• Thanks 1

Great model Adrian.. I recall making the Airfix ? 1:72 version as a kid.. it got painted in red poster paint if i recall correctly lol .. my pocket money didn't extend to buying enamel paints then! Seeing your model bought back these memories! Cheers

Andy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

Great model Adrian

Great kit! I can thoroughly recommend it as a lovely build.

4 hours ago, Hook said:

What's not to love!

I'm certainly loving Hobby2000 and Hasegawa for this one...

• Like 1