Jump to content

Hook

Members
  • Posts

    5,901
  • Joined

  • Last visited

3 Followers

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    The Netherlands

Recent Profile Visitors

9,852 profile views

Hook's Achievements

Completely Obsessed Member

Completely Obsessed Member (6/9)

5.3k

Reputation

  1. But today did! Some NATO Black for the inner bits of the canopy: , followed by some more Vallejo Air RAL9002 Grauweiss for the lower bits, where I had to blend in the pylons and repaint the bits around the intake area, and Vallejo Air 112 Sand for the upper tan - it looks the part IRL, with a slight pinkish hue: And yes, I just removed the offending bit of dirt on the port wing root. Cheers, Andre
  2. Thanks! And what do you know - tonight the weather was fine, so I managed to put in some backyard spraying time. Huzzah! So, some Inginia White for the lower bits and flying surfaces as well as some Dark Gull Gray for the inner cockpit frame and random squirts of NATO Black / Tyre Black for some light preshading gave us this: More bits drying - notice the Fujimi MER I plan for her centerline: Cheers, Andre
  3. Some great fixes on a challenging kit - love it! Cheers, Andre
  4. Unfortunately, both of my subjects for this group build are a bit stalled at the moment - I'm dependent on the weather for airbrushing, and so far it's been rainy, windy or both. Today does not look much better. Anyway, some small progress has been made regardless: I added the specific Argentinian antennae from scratch since Airfix does not supply them. The large blade antenna behind the cockpit was added with some plastic card cut to size: For the VOR antennae on the vertical tail I first drilled holes all the way through and consequently looped stretched sprue through them - one side done: And the one on the other side as well (I quite felt like Bob Ross for a moment there - "That one antenna is feeling lonely.... let's add a friend... every antenna should have a friend..."". Luckily, it passed). More updates when the weather improves enough to allow me to do some airbrushing! Cheers, Andre
  5. Thanks! Unfortunately, both of my subjects for this group build are a bit stalled at the moment - I'm dependent on the weather for airbrushing, and so far it's been rainy, windy or both. Today does not look much better. Anyway, some small progress has been made regardless: wheels masked, pitot fitted to the radome (these will be fitted when the main camouflage is complete) and she received her horizontal tail feathers (for others building this kit - the part numbers of the left and right stab appears to have been reversed in the instructions). Aft clear part has been fitted, the main canopy is loose at the moment because I still have to paint and fit the actuator mechanism (part #66): I also assembled the jet exhaust - Vallejo Air Jet Exhaust for the turkey feathers, and some Polished Metal pigments for the intermediate metallic bits. I love those pigments - a closer look: Quite a nice effect, methinks. A bit more masking tape and the exhaust was ready for fitting: While I was at it, I added the ventral fins and put the rest of the pylons where they ought to be: The #3 and #7 hardpoints were cribbbed from a Hasegawa F-16, together with the TER's. RoG's kit parts represent a later style of pylon with integral chaff / flare boxes, those on Venezuelan F-16's were the standard type like Hasegawa gives you. More updates when the weather improves enough to allow me to do some airbrushing! Cheers, Andre
  6. You say that like it's a bad thing. Cheers, Andre
  7. Fast yet tidy! Looking good. Hm, I have this one somewhere in the stash with markings for an 1980s Argentinian bird... Cheers, Andre
  8. Strictly what-if territory. Cheers, Andre
  9. In the bigger scale, Maintrack did a vac I have somewhere in the scary end of the attic. Cheers, Andre
  10. https://www.cmkkits.com/en/figures/ Cheers, Andre
  11. According to Ukrainian sources: Cheers, Andre
×
×
  • Create New...