Wittman's Tiger 222.

This was a long but fun build. Had some setbacks with the wrong PE. Figures are not my best work. 

The buildlog can be found here: 

I really enjoyed building this kit. I learned the vallue of "less is more" 

Anyhow, here are the photo's. Thanks for watching. All comments, critiques, tips are more then welcome. 

20221227-161914.jpg

20221227_162120.jpg

20221227_162040.jpg

20221227_162009.jpg

20221227_155349.jpg

20221227_154953.jpg

20221227_155200.jpg

20221227_155316.jpg

tiger-tank.jpg

20221227_162001.jpg

• Like 38

6 hours ago, ThreatLvlMidafternoon said:

Oh I really enjoy the clean execution of this kit, great work on the figures as well. What kit is this?

This is the late Tiger 1 from Trumpeter. With aftermarket tracks from RFM and figures from miniart.

• Thanks 1

Hi Maddoxx,

A very good job, as other colleagues commented above, despite the problems with what you have encountered, the result is something to be proud of, since you have added important and complicated extras to improve the kit as well. A somewhat clean appearance, and subtle wear, perhaps some twigs placed in strategic places would do you good, just as a suggestion.... I really like the Zimm, in which the relief of the segments is noticeable. It looks quite similar to my first (actually it was my 2nd) Tiger that I built when I resumed the hobby, which I had half done many years ago in a box, and finished when I restarted. It was an Italeri kit, much worse quality and without Zimm... The result was not as good as yours, and in the end, when I kept progressing, it was "destroyed"...it's a pity I don't have photos at hand...maybe there are still some on some old mobile...I have to do a search...:goodjob:

Cheers and MC and HNY.

Francis.🎅

• Thanks 1

Lovely build! 

I'd say you have a link too many in the port (driver's side) track.

Looking at the pic of the real thing there seems to be an awful lot of tension in that track.

But re-thinking maybe it's a bit like 'holding it on the clutch' where if the tank rolled back a foot odd the tracks would look more even (there's a lot of saggy bits along the bottom)

Tom

• Thanks 1

On 31/12/2022 at 19:56, Modelholic said:

Lovely build! 

I'd say you have a link too many in the port (driver's side) track.

Looking at the pic of the real thing there seems to be an awful lot of tension in that track.

But re-thinking maybe it's a bit like 'holding it on the clutch' where if the tank rolled back a foot odd the tracks would look more even (there's a lot of saggy bits along the bottom)

Tom

If you watch live tanks running at Bovington the tension in the tracks changes massively when they move, or turn - I reckon maddox could get away with claiming that in his model they have been reversed into position, or turned slightly 😛

I do agree with your observation though Tom, in the original photo the top of the track is in tension, & there is some slack track below the drive sprocket, so looks like it is being pulled forward ... maybe the driver is still inside, moving slowly towards the camera?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/01/2023 at 13:52, Maddoxx77 said:

@Modelholic i think you are right. There is a bit too much slack on the portside track. I think i miscounted the links. 

Thanks for the observation 👍👍👍

Hi Maddoxx,

If you "itch" 🙃, it can be easily hidden with a little well-placed vegetation, easy and cool. I keep the complete work, which is very good.

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Maddoxx,

If you "itch" 🙃, it can be easily hidden with a little well-placed vegetation, easy and cool. I keep the complete work, which is very good.

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

My sollution is simple and effective.... it's standing on a shelf showing the other side 😉😉😉

• Haha 2