1/48 - Lockheed-Martin F-35A & B Lightning II by Tamiya - released

Homebee

21 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Hope it's not the Italeri kit.

Based on the price quoted in the Models2U Facebook link above with a price of £99 you would hope for that price you'd be getting Tamyia quality......

The A variant was £90 RRP, so you could deduce that as its similar ballpark, it will be a pure Tamiya kit? The Italeri one is a bit further back (about £75?).

Pure guesswork or trying to find logic with Tamiya!

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Lockheed-Martin F-35A & B Lightning II by Tamiya - F-35A released - F-35B in November 2023
On 30/08/2023 at 16:54, Jon Bryon said:

Widely being reported on FB that people have received a marketing email from Tamiya confirming this is a new release as a follow on from their F-35A. FWIW.

Jon

Expected in November 2023 - 1/48th - ref. 61125 - Lockheed-Martin F-35B Lightning II

Reported NEW TOOL kit - so nothing in common with the Tamiya reboxing - ref. 38103 - from the Italeri 1/48th F-35B kit (link).

61125.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Holding out hope again that there’s an option to accurately position the payload bay doors part open for inflight VTOL configuration.

It’s a fairly short duration of flight seen this way, but basically all kits of -B’s are setup for clean forward flight, or the nozzle and fan for VTOL. While the doors close pretty quick with WoW, the fan and nozzle return to normal positions fairly quick too. So if you’re going to build it in VTOL, most of the time spent in that configuration should have those doors partly open. 

Edited by ESzczesniak

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, petetasker said:

Well I’m shocked. I’ve absolutely no interest in the F-35 what so ever but I find myself wanting to pre-order - what’s going on?

I felt exactly the Same not really my thing but was impressed by what I saw detail wise and it’s all of a sudden a must have 

• Like 1