What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

Some new trainers...

...:thumbsup:

New Trainers

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

This arrived from ebay yesterday. The price wasn’t bad, with postage, less than the asking price of some.

61767bee-6283-4320-9b52-a96d5f368fbf.JPG

I’m a teensy bit suspicious though. The box seals were broken and there was no turned aluminium gun barrel, although all the reviews said that the kit contained one. And there are some anomalies with the instructions. The bolt strip which holds the FDH to the hull front, suddenly appears in place, but there is no indication as to which part is supposed to be used. Also the PE which is contained in the box is just the bear minimum, ie; grouser vent covers. No brush guards or anything else, yet in the reviews, it shows a full sheet. It smacks of someone cobbling together a kit, but leaving some items out. Methinks a message to the seller is in order.

John.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

On 5/22/2021 at 7:41 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Looks good @Wez … Im looking forward to one of those SF-260 kits. Either in the dogfighters company markings or Libyan camouflage. 

I'm holding out until SH release their 1/48 one in IAC updo - even though the KP/AZ one is out and about, and it's not bad... the SH one looks a bit sharper in details. 

15 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

This arrived from ebay yesterday. The price wasn’t bad, with postage, less than the asking price of some.

I’m a teensy bit suspicious though. The box seals were broken and there was no turned aluminium gun barrel, although all the reviews said that the kit contained one. And there are some anomalies with the instructions. Methinks a message to the seller is in order.

Ahh, Dragons cut and paste instruction sheets leave a lot to be desired. You'd  think that they would put a kit together prior to releasing it on the market with their glaring errors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Ahh, Dragons cut and paste instruction sheets leave a lot to be desired. You'd  think that they would put a kit together prior to releasing it on the market with their glaring errors.

All of the reviews that I've read of the kit say that it includes a turned aluminium barrel, but there is no mention of it in the instructions. And because of Dragon's policy of using old sprues so that they can include certain parts, there are two completely different sprues marked as H and two marked as J. I know that this kit has been reissued a few times, so I'm assuming that what I've got is an early one which didn't include the barrel. It's a good job that the kit includes a nice slide moulded barrel.

John.  

• Like 1

Hi- woohoo my first post (other than to introduce myself!)

My latest two acquisitions- 1:48 scale.

Thought Id jump in deep with the Eduard "Spitfire story: The few", (complete with miniature Sir Douglass Bader figure!)  and also a ground crew set from Airfix to go with it.  I also have previously purchased and nearly finished a Tamiya 10hp Utility. and also the Tamiya Spitfire M1 kit- which Im yet to start.. the makings of a small diorama!

Will be a serious plunge into a bit of PE as well, which I havent really done before.

spacer.png

• Like 9

Welcome to BM @Oldefarte, hope you like it here. Looking forward to seeing your diorama.

I’ve just ordered an Ark Model 1/48 La-9 direct from the Russian Federation ( via eBay )which comes with a Quinta Studio cockpit set for the equivalent of £21.15 including postage. The downside is that will probably have to wait at least a month for it.

• Like 2

That's a great start @Oldefarte. Hopefully 1/48 etch will treat you better than 1/72 etch has been treating me.

• Like 1

The PE scene is new to me.. Only had a small entre so far with a Dragon JU 88 P- I keep putting all my PE kits and bits at the bottom of the pile till I build up courage (and skills)

• Like 1

I stumbled across an AZ/Admiral Airspeed Oxford on eBay which was just a tenner and couldn’t resist.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

My 1/32 Whirlwind has just arrived.

Looks very nice.

Cannon or standard version ? Will you be doing a WIP, Im tempted by this kit and would like to study a build. 

56 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

I did a 1200 mile road trip at the weekend to view, buy, and take home my first V12 engine.

resized_0cfb56c8-c3b4-4e27-b83d-de6532b8

This will doubtless help prevent me buying more model kits for a bit longer.

You bought a grandfather clock - brilliant!

I'd better buy some more paint PDQ before the impact of driving that thing puts 20% on the price of all of Sovereign's products!

• Haha 2

An AMP Canberra T.11. It’s one of the earlier releases with the bomb aimer’s transparency included.

8 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

I did a 1200 mile road trip at the weekend to view, buy, and take home my first V12 engine.

resized_0cfb56c8-c3b4-4e27-b83d-de6532b8

This will doubtless help prevent me buying more model kits for a bit longer.

Its a Jaaaaaaaaaaag ! Which model is it , the XJS or another ? 

After searching the internet for the last year, finally got my hands on a cover that fits my trailer, and for less than 50 euros. Happy bunny.

John.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Yes a 1989 XJS :)

e1dc9fb4-b150-449a-8438-32a7ae684f07.jpg

1200 mile round trip. How many times did you have to fill up the fuel tank on the way home ?

• Haha 3