What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

3 hours ago, treker_ed said:

I've just replaced one of those. Had it for 10 years. Was given it as a 40th birthday present. Only reason I've replaced it was that the internal battery that kept the date and settings etc when swapping the main battery over gave out. 

The old Canon I was using was great until it threw a terminal S****, but this one seems OK. just need to get a micro usb lead to hook her up.

Simon.

• Like 1

That's nice. I treated myself to a nice Nikon 7200 DSLR because I always used Nikon lenses. Oh the plans I had for it, airshows, foreign holidays, finished models. Well maybe next year. 😢

Edited by noelh
  • Like 1

On 28/05/2021 at 15:35, PhantomBigStu said:

was rewarded with the new Airfix Beaufort

On 28/05/2021 at 20:31, Mr T said:

and an Airfix Beaufort.

6 hours ago, noelh said:

The Airfix Beaufort.

Nice to see this kit getting some love.  You won't regret your purchases, lads.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Nice to see this kit getting some love.  You won't regret your purchases, lads.

You know it. Everything else has been sidelined. I was just now reviewing the instruction leaflet. This kit is Airfix at it's best. 

On 5/31/2021 at 10:56 PM, noelh said:

Oh the plans I had for it, airshows, foreign holidays, finished models. Well maybe next year. 😢

what

--- 

In other news: I may just have ordered a second F-111D/F Hobby2000 kit. 
The Lakenheath F is tasty, but so is that Cannon AFB D in all grey... 

smeagol-my-precious-funny-shoes.jpg

Well, another addition to the stash, given to me by my wonderful wife  as a birthday present.

DSCN2517

Also a bottle of Southern Comfort and some Italian beers.

Not bad, my first "New Revell" kit.

Simon.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Well, another addition to the stash, given to me by my wonderful wife  as a birthday present.

DSCN2517

Simon.

Rebox of the ICM kit - https://www.scalemates.com/kits/icm-48901-mig-25rbt-foxbat-b--998410

So any aftermarket for that, should also fit this!

(ICM instructions available from that link which you may want to download, no mixing of revell paints to get the right colours!)

• Like 1

Four season sleeping bag for next winter's adventures. Great deals to be had on this kind of stuff at this time of year!

spacer.png

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 1

Air Ministry Pilots Notes for the Spitfire Mk XII from the local auction site, after the chat there has been on here about this model recently, it would have been rude not to have bid. Happily I was the only one so not too spendy. :)

Steve.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2021 at 1:50 PM, Spookytooth said:

DSCN2517

Simon.

I have painful memories of Southern Comfort from when I was a 19 year old... 😬

• Sad 1

Quite a bit of stuff bought over the last couple of weeks - I only tend to do one mass posting every couple of months or so instead of every time I buy something so here goes:

spacer.png

Antics in Plymouth:

Kitty Hawk Etendard (before the recent announcement) 1/48

Airfix Beaufighter TF.X 1/72

Airfix Jet Provost T.4 1/72

Wonderland Models

Academy F-4J (to be reworked into an UK F-4J(UK) 1/48

Frome Model Centre

Revell (Kinetic rebox) Hawk T2 1/32

Tamiya P-47 Thunderbolt 1/48

Hannants

Eduard BF-108 Taifun 1/32

Osbornes (Rushden)

Trumpeter F-106A Delta Dart 1/48

Assortment of masking, decals & PE from Hannants. Some Thinner & Airbrush cleaner from UMP, along with some bottle holders for their decal solutions (which I bought as I managed to knock over a whole bottle of their Extra Strong last week so decided to bite the bullet and purchase the stands to try and stop from happening again!) and also separate one for the Micro Set & Sol. And some paints from Frome whilst I was in the shop. All in all quite a busy few weeks, with another load to come during next week.

Edited by treker_ed
  • Like 5

From Aero Research

No new download releases in June (nor December) so caught up on the last three of their Air Racer sets that I had been leaving until last – Racers Unlimited 1997-2007 , T-6 Racers 1989-1997 & 1998-2006 all rather colourful but repetitive

From Amazon

Tornado Illustrated by Lou Drendel , published this week by Amazon as the latest in his ‘Illustrated’ series

From Tesco

F-15 Eagle – America’s First Air Superiority Fighter , latest ‘bookazine’ from Key Publications covering progress through pre-production then from A to EX