What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

6 hours ago, keefr22 said:

And me (well when I was 18 actually!) but still love the stuff. In moderation!

Keith

I was a little older when I discovered it ( late to the party, as usual ) and used to drink it with unsweetened grapefruit juice, went down like a soft drink but still took the top of your head off. Another favourite was the Harvey Wallbanger, haven’t had one of those for years but still have the occasional Southern comfort and grapefruit.

John

• Like 5

I bought a waaaay cheap airbrush from EBay and although the action is a bit, um, agricultural, it actually paints quite well.  Certainly better than you'd guess at for nineteen quid, that's for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

some beer!

Proper beer or that generic yellow fizzy stuff? 

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

I wonder what Fanta and San Miguel would taste like mixed together...

Probably no worse than they do seperate! 😀

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I bought an Academy 1/32nd F/A-18C at the Sywell show a coupla weeks ago. I'm really in two minds about keeping it. It's a superb kit, but I'm not sure if it "floats-my-boat" enough to keep it. Time will tell on that one.... 

Chris.  

• Like 3

Hoi, @Vince1159 & @fatfingers, I happen to like San Mig, least I would if I could get it  :( , could be memory playing tricks I 'spose  darn sight better than  fanta anyway. :D

l bought a Tamiya 1/24 Nissan 300 ZX from Hobbysearch 1999.co.jp last night, a fit of nostalgia, I used to lust after them a lot, a very underrated & practical form of rapid transit. :)

Steve.

• Like 5

Custom white-printed decal sheet came in today. 

Yay :) 
And while on the subject of printing: new printer is about to be delivered later today. That means the rest of the needed decals I can do myself again. 

12 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

I'm really in two minds about keeping it. It's a superb kit, but I'm not sure if it "floats-my-boat" enough to keep it. Time will tell on that one.... 

Chris.  

Do let me know if that boat doesn't float, that kit is like a hydrofoil for this modeller 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Hoi, @Vince1159 & @fatfingers, I happen to like San Mig,

Snap! But then I like Fanta too. I wouldn't dream of mixing them though!

On a similar note I was just browsing a craft brewery's website and they do organic fruit beers - cherry, apricot, strawberry and raspberry - I have to say the very thought of them makes me feel a bit queasy. Suppose I should try them and see but wasn't prepared to spend £32 on a box of 12 for 11 of them to go down the drain....!! 🤣

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Hoi, @Vince1159 & @fatfingers, I happen to like San Mig

Ay up Steve 

When i was in NZ many moons ago i had the great misfortune to try a pint of Lion Red! My ex father in law who's a Kiwi warned me not to but i didn't listen much to his amusement 😀 I recall the best beer i had out there was called Waikato along with Export Gold.

Regards,

Steve

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

I have to say the very thought of them makes me feel a bit queasy.

You & me both, craft beers should be beer, with hops, not alcoholic cordial.  ;)

1 hour ago, fatfingers said:

I recall the best beer i had out there was called Waikato along with Export Gold.

Hopefully we could tempt you with some better brews now, but Lion Red, unbelievably, it still has its adherents. :( :D

Steve

• Like 2

AIM's 1/48 Link Trainer. I was pining for this when it was first released and finally caved a few weeks ago...

link-start0.jpg

I blame Big H for this! They had a used seatbelt set at a good price. This as well as several other items were needed to assemble a package worth sending. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking with it...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dnl42 said:

AIM's 1/48 Link Trainer. I was pining for this when it was first released and finally caved a few weeks ago...

link-start0.jpg

I blame Big H for this! They had a used seatbelt set at a good price. This as well as several other items were needed to assemble a package worth sending. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking with it...

Its contradicting itself. It says 1:48 in yellow underneath the title of “WWII Link Trainer”. However in script below that it says 1/72 scale ? Im guessing its a typo on the packaging because the bits look to big to be 1/72. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its contradicting itself. It says 1:48 in yellow underneath the title of “WWII Link Trainer”. However in script below that it says 1/72 scale ? Im guessing its a typo on the packaging because the bits look to big to be 1/72. 

It's definitely 1/48. But yeah, that's the AIM packaging; it also has the item number GE48034 :shrug: 

• Like 1

A couple of phaser guitar pedals that I built for myself. Both are finally completed.

p?i=ea4a98cae49c368e74cc074f9ac174f4

The red one is a clone of the Lovetone Doppelganger, a long out of production pedal that commands eye-watering prices on the second-hand market. I bought a circuit board for this project, being somewhat complicated. I have mixed feelings about both the circuit board and the effect itself. The PCB could have been laid out much better and with some care and thought, would have fitted into a smaller enclosure. I didn't like the way the knobs were all crammed together in particular.

As for the effect itself, I've heard better phasers, to be honest. It does do a very good Univibe impression though. Being equipped with two LFOs is very useful, if you have separate depth controls for each one (as on the MuTron Biphase). Anyway, it's not the One Phaser To Rule Them All that has been claimed.

The other is one I built from scratch on stripboard. It's a very highly modified clone of the Ross Phaser. The original has just two controls (rate and recycle) and I've added lots more, including an extra, switchable 4 phase-shift stages. I like this one a lot and am happy with how it turned out.

• Like 5