What's your latest acquisition Part VI ?

Duncan B

1 hour ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Combat Kits 1/72 Blackburn Beverley, now looking for a cheap shed, 6 x 6.

Wife kicked you out again?

Kitty Hawk 2 seat Jaguar 1/48.  Thought I better in case they are not obtainable any more.

• Haha 4

The list I posted back on May 19 has thankfully being drip feeding itself into the house quite nicely. The latest articles being the GW Me 323, a really lovely looking kit, as is the Mikromir Beverley that arrived, a couple of days ago, a pity these 1/144 kits cost near as much as one twice as big, at least these will fit. Today I had an Academy 1/72 Dragon Wagon  tank transporter pop in. I'd bought one from Korea via eBay but then the seller advised me Korea had suspended post to our shores & FedEx would cost US$15.00 more, thanks but no thanks I said & was very promptly refunded, then happily found one for sale locally for much less than it would have been, so happy with that. :)

Steve.

• Like 6

Not sure if I mentioned it earlier, but all the way from Canada came a Minicraft BOAC Stratocruiser, an itch that needed scratching after reading @TonyW's thread

A really nice tidy example, pristine decals & everything still on sprues in sealed bags. :)

Steve.

• Like 2

Unrelated to Father's Day, I picked these up;

SAM_8995

I'm a bit of a sucker for this type of music book, each is a fairly brisk run through, as it saysm every song on every album by the particular artiste. Nothing particularly new, but some nice background to the song and in some cases interesting analysis of lyrics and music.

Others to get in the series are books on UFO, Yes, Queen and ELP.

And these also fell my way;

SAM_8994

An USB SD card reader, as my PC doesn't have an SD card reader slot, and the one I bought about 15 years ago has given up the ghost. (my PC is a bit like Trigger's broom, it's 20 years old but just about every part has been replaced, including Windows!) and a mini drill chuck for my little Bosch electric screwdriver.

• Like 6

Monthly Occupational Pension book splurge week again although only the following have arrived with more to follow in the next few days (I hope)

From Books etc.

Vought F-8 Crusader – Development Of The Navy’s First Supersonic Jet Fighter by William D, Spidle , published 2017 by Speciality Press , very well illustrated with an emphasis on development projects rather than operational units

From SpeedyHen

Crusader! - Last Of The Gunfighters by Paul T. Gilchrist , published 1995 by Schiffer , emphasis on illustrated anecdotal experiences from Crusader fliers

From petetasker on Britmodeller

BAE Systems Harrier II – The Harrier GR.9 & T.12 in the 21st. Century by Andy Denovan & Nick Greenall , published 2014 by Double Ugly! Books , first of their series that I have seen and previously thought I had a couple of reasonable Harrier references on the shelf until I saw it – WOW !!! , now waiting for another couple of their titles and considering some more

From Airfix Club

Issue No.2 of the 2020 re-launch club magazine , subscription expires next week and at the moment anyway cannot see any point in renewing

• Like 1

Dragon Firefly Vc off ebay for a decent price. Was also bidding on a Dragon Firefly Ic 'Hybrid' but got 'sniped' in the last few seconds. My phone decided to have a dicky fit so wasn't able to knock my bid up in time 🤬

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

An Ooni pizza oven for Father's Day. Terrifying (when you first attempt bursts into flames) but rather wonderful (when the second pizza doesn't combust, and the first one tastes great, crisped or not). I learned a lot on that first run through.

BTW, it cooks a pizza in 90 seconds or so. It's like watching a time-lapse, only in real life.

• Like 10

Just arrived in the post.

51268628214_94f3b93f50_c.jpg

After doing so many Vacs of late I wanted to see if I could still put together a regular plastic model. ICM's Mig-25PD Interceptor. Besides I want to do a Lockheed A-12 soon(i hope) and it will need something to keep it company.

51267899211_f42a520e3f_c.jpg

and after seeing the work @Mike did on his little Sputnik, I decided to bite the bullet and get a bottle of Mirror paint that he used and see how good it looks. Then I got a little bit of research material on the A.W. Whitley for another future build.

2 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

and after seeing the work @Mike did on his little Sputnik, I decided to bite the bullet and get a bottle of Mirror paint that he used and see how good it looks.

No pressure then! :lol:  Seriously, you'll not be disappointed.  I use my little bottle of Mirror all the time in tiny quantities for little bits of metal.  It's da bomb! :coolio:

Good luck with the Mig :yes:

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mike, I actually got it for the chrome ring on an E.E. Lightning I want to do. One of these centuries when I can scrape together the time I want to do Taffy Holden's XM135 that he did the accidental test flight in back in 1966. I have the Airfix  Lightning in my stash and I found Decal set for 74 sq. I'll just have to make new tail numbers. But first I have to clear this work area, Too many Big projects taking up too little space.

51 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Thanks Mike, I actually got it for the chrome ring on an E.E. Lightning I want to do. One of these centuries when I can scrape together the time I want to do Taffy Holden's XM135 that he did the accidental test flight in back in 1966. I have the Airfix  Lightning in my stash and I found Decal set for 74 sq. I'll just have to make new tail numbers. But first I have to clear this work area, Too many Big projects taking up too little space.

That's as good a reason as any :) If you make sure there's not dust or scratches on the ring, it really will look like the real thing ^_^

A set of decals for an Antonov Airlines An-22 from BSmodelle for my Eastern Express An-22 kit. After watching the vid on the An-22 Wikipedia page with the AA plane landing on a rough airstrip in Mali, I knew what scheme I wanted. Also a copy of The Borneo Boys, bought at a very good price from the Tank Museum.

Steve.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, stevehnz said:

After watching the vid on the An-22 Wikipedia page with the AA plane landing on a rough airstrip in Mali

Gao International Airport.....!!! :)

Have a reli currently on deployment in Mali, he says it's a bit dusty! 🤣

That kit's going to take up a fair bit of shelf space Steve!!

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

That kit's going to take up a fair bit of shelf space Steve!!

Even in 1/144, its still a decent sized lump of plastic Keith, brilliant looking aircraft though to my mind, I just love watching that vid. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

A Nitecore UT32 Dual Output Headlamp. It has two separate LEDs that has one with a cool white ( 5700K ), 1100 lumens light and the other led has a warm white ( 3000K ), 920 lumens. The headlamp shines to maximum throw of 117 metres and is powered by a 18650 lithium ion battery.

• Like 2

I can't justify myself but...

DSCN2500.jpg

It is my third of the new-tool Hasegawa Emily's, I already built the H8K2 and the previous issue of the H8K1. In my defence, this is a bit different - the two aircraft used on the second Pearl Harbor raid were pre-production models with different engine and exhaust layout and without the two strakes on the forward hull underside. Also, the previous two were lovely kits to build, and the two aircraft represented in this edition do have an interesting history.

DPD did a proper job of crushing the box, apparently in the DPD language there is no word for 'Fragile' <_< Fortunately the kit itself is undamaged.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 12

The rest of June’s Plod Pension Day book splurge purchases caught up this week along with a pre-order from last year

From Books2Anywhere

Intruder – The Operational History Of Grumman’s A-6 by Mark Morgan and Rick Morgan , published 2004 by Schiffer but unfortunately only one page out of the  294 covers the EA-6A with one photo and a couple of paragraphs

From Model Hobbies

Following on from my delight with the Double Ugly! Books Harrier volume I bought another two titles

LTV A-7D/K Corsair II – The ‘SLUF’ In USAF and USANG Service 1968-1993 by Werner Münzenmair with Andreas Klein published 2009 which makes up for the lack of Air Force SLUFF (as in BUFF) coverage in my Schiffer Corsair II Tales purchase a couple of weeks back

Blackburn Buccaneer – The “Awesome Flying Banana Jet” In Royal Air Force Service by Willy Peters and Glenn Sands with Andreas Klein published 2014 which despite the title provides excellent coverage of the subject

From Edition Heimdal

A pre-order from last year released and delivered this week and even with postage from France added still quite a bit cheaper than the actual release price even before shipping would have been added to that

Aéronautiques Navales Du Monde Depuis 1945 (Naval Aeronautics Of The World Since 1945) by Gérard Paloque , published 2021 by Editions Heimdal , the latest hardbound volume from Heimdal combining material previously printed as two parts of their paperback Avions de Combat series , text and captions in French but illustrated throughout with pictures and original sideview profile artwork , covers 18 different air arms and their fixed-wing combat aircraft but does not include helicopters and devotes one page to listing a further 22 air arms (without illustrations) which are/were primarily helicopter operators

Aero Research

New PDF download released this week  Aggressors Part 6

Had a trip to Bridlington today and was very pleased to see Croppers Models still open. Came away with Mini Art's British Soldiers Tank Riders (Desert) and British Infantry Weapons & Equipment.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 4

Didn’t buy these myself technically as I picked them up alongside a few bits for my mother but generously paid the full receipt, hacksaw blades and a mini desk fan. Also ordered some Xtradecal roundels made a mess of one on my Sunderland and just don’t have anything spare of the right size nor a close enough paint. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu