1/72nd Airfix- Fortress Mk.III, KJ117, 6G-E of 223 Sqn, 100 Group, RAF.

every model you finish and show here I just want to add to my own collection, that's the inspiration you provide. Painful on the wallet and I don't get much finished either, but thanks anyway! Beautiful work and Airfix should really have you on a retainer, you certainly sell their kits for them..

• Like 1

Great to see another cracking build roll of the production line Tony, fantastic finish as usual! Just one thing, does the gap between rudder & fin look a bit big? 

Can I add my condolences to those above, & hope you get some relief from your back problems & that 2017 is a bit kinder to you.

ATB

keith

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Great to see another cracking build roll of the production line Tony, fantastic finish as usual! Just one thing, does the gap between rudder & fin look a bit big? 

Can I add my condolences to those above, & hope you get some relief from your back problems & that 2017 is a bit kinder to you.

ATB

keith

Hiya Keith,

Yes I agree about the rudder gap and to be honest it is probably my fault and I should have just pushed it further in before taking the pics but I was just too sore and wanted to take the pics as quickly as possible! I was going to add pitot tubes to the side of the nose too but I`m not up to adding these yet! 

Cheers again everybody,

Tony

• Like 1

Hi Tony, good to see you back again with some more outstanding work !

I'm not sure if I told you, but after our conversation about camouflaged B-24s a while back, I've changed tack and now have (in 1/48) 2x B-17s, 2x B24s to be built in RAF colours. And with the help of a sheet of 100 Group decals from DK Decals my Lancaster will be from 101 Sqn, and I might just give Friday the 13th a makeover as well.  So when I get around to posting images of one of those it'll be with a nod to you !  Cheers mate, your work really does inspire !

Cheers

Gaz

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Hiya Keith,

Yes I agree about the rudder gap and to be honest it is probably my fault and I should have just pushed it further in before taking the pics but I was just too sore

Thanks for the reply Tony, this is the first Airfix 17 I've seen built so wondered if it was the kit. It's brilliant you can build anything after all those back ops, let alone gems like these - keep 'em coming!

ATB

Keith

• Like 1

hello Tonyot,

In the first place, my condolences on the loss of your mum. I wish you a good recovery, and glad you are back on this forum.

The model looks great, especially in a non USARMY scheme. My compliments.

Also tribute to Airfix  /Hornby. It is magnificent to see, what beautiful range of models they are introducing on the market.

Regards,

Orion/The Netherlands.

• Like 1

Hi Tony,

Firstly my condolences for your loss and hope that the surgery is having a positive result.

Now, that Fortress, :partytime::goodjob:! Yet again you are leading me astray with naughty thoughts of 'things' to do outside my usual areas of interest!

Happy hunting,

Christian, exiled to africa

• Like 1

My sincerest condolances for your bereavement! Although it has been almost exactly 8 years since my dad passed away it I well remember! I, too, could not be there for the interment of his ashes.

A great build of an iconic aeroplane!

DennisTheBear

• Like 1

My sincerest condolences on the loss of your mum Tony.

All kudos to you for managing to build such a superb model in spite of your loss, and through the flipping terrible pain of back surgery.

It's a stunning model, I really like the exhaust streaks going over the wing tops from the engines; very nicely done.

I was only wondering today about wether or not to buy this Airfix kit, This makes me think 'yes' !

Well done on keeping the chin up old chap, you're an inspiration :thumbsup2: !

All the best

TonyT

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear about your Mum.   Sorry to hear your recovery is slow but best wishes from us here to you and A for better times ahead.

Terrific job (again!) Tony.  It looks really sharp in RAF colours and certainly stands out from the crowd.  May i ask what paint you used for the Dark Earth?  I think the shade I mixed for my Hampden is a little too reddish.

Cheers mate!!

Edited by Bill Bunting
  • Like 1

My condolences for your loss Tony and sorry to hear of your recent troubles.  Hope you are on the way to a speedy recovery.

The B-17 looks impressive as does the paint finish.  Good seeing a version of a Flying Fortress different from the usual nmf schemes.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2017 at 6:39 PM, Bill Bunting said:

Very sorry to hear about your Mum.   Sorry to hear your recovery is slow but best wishes from us here to you and A for better times ahead.

Terrific job (again!) Tony.  It looks really sharp in RAF colours and certainly stands out from the crowd.  May i ask what paint you used for the Dark Earth?  I think the shade I mixed for my Hampden is a little too reddish.

Cheers mate!!

Thanks Bill,...... we are hoping to get over to Canada in the summer if I`m fit enough to travel..... probably Toronto and Niagra Falls? .

The Dark Earth on the Fort was acrylic from Pactra, I bought it in the States when we went to Disneyland!  The colour on your Hampden looks fine to me mate,...... did you know that 408 Sqn painted the undersides in a light blue shade for daylight `Circus' sorties over the continent?

Image result for hampden 408 sqn

All the best mate.

Thanks for your really nice comments everybody,

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 2

Delighted to see you're more or less back on your feet, Tony.   I'm very sorry about the problems you've been having, especially losing your mum.  I've lost both my parents and know what it's like.  Time *does* help - I found the rawness goes off leaving (I hope for you, too) a LOT of very happy memories.

The RAF B17 is an inspiration.  Thanks for sharing the build and RFI. I started building something similar quite some time ago, using Airfix's re-released Academy kit.  I'm trying to decide whether to pull it out of the Must-do-something-with-this heap or splash out on the new  kit like you did!

Thanks again, and please accept my condolences.

Jonny

• Like 1