What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

Walking to the shops in Colwyn Bay this morning and saw

a small twin float seaplane flying near to the shoreline

heading west. Too far to see the reg but looked like

a Super Cub type, yellow and black with yellow wings.

Very pleased as in all my years of planespotting, attending

airshows etc had never seen a floatplane before! Cheers. paul

Just seen at least one Blackhawk possibly two flying around Stone henge, one looked to be landing.

apparantly it's part of the new transformers film.

Edited by Ozzy
Up date

Just got back from holiday and the only thing we saw flying was a Merlin over where we were staying at Camogli. However, on the way to the airport from Lucca to Pisa we went past a Piaggio PD808 mounted on a pole on a roundabout on the outskirts of Lucca and going past a technical college on the outskirts there were a F104, a Sabre and a MB326 in the grounds. All looked intact, but shabby. At Pisa airport the military side had a line up of 11 C130's (some missing props) and one doing 'circuits and bumps' Today had a Coastguard S92 come over, not sure where it was off to, not the usual approach into Leeds, mor like head across the Pennines

• 2 weeks later...

This just now on approach to nearby airport . It's engaged on a geophysical survey of the area. It flies very low about 200 feet. Impressive to see. 

Earlier this morning an Irish Air Corps PC9 made multiple passes over the city aimed presumably at the local army base. Either it was some kind of training exercise or it was putting down an attempted coup!!!! At one point it produced a smoke trail. Definitely an unusual thing to see around here.

1 hour ago, Ascoteer said:

That shot really shows how the props are synchrophased on a C-130.

It sounded really smooth as it went over. We are under the downwind leg of Flagstaff Airport's circuit; it was doing touch and goes. As we are at 7,000ft, we often get military types doing circuits and bumps to get some density altitude practice, particularly during the summer when it's in the 80s and 90s. This one did three sets before departing back south to DM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pywp1cgn1fkcku5/2016-10-14 16.05.40.png?dl=0

Hopefully the link will work. Noticed this thing buzzing about on FR. It approached my house at about 7000 ft and I heard a jet noise. I'm wild guessing it was a Hawk or some other small jet. It headed off towards Staffordshire then disappeared of the screen. Heading to Valley? Any ideas what it was and what it might have been doing?

On 14/10/2016 at 17:04, Paul Bradley said:

we often get military types doing circuits and bumps to get some density altitude practice, particularly during the summer when it's in the 80s and 90s.

Aye, I've been there in Albert.

Once you get to those sorts of Density Altitudes you have to be aware of the TAS limits on things like nosewheel speed and selection of Ground Idle and Reverse.

Good for catching out unwary Co-Pilots!