1:48 Hobby Boss F6F-5 Dayglo Hellcat

Hello all,

My latest creation which I wanted to share with you all. This is the 1:48 Hobby Boss F6F-5N Hellcat which I have made OOB to represent the F6F-5K mark. I believe I have carried this out correctly but I am sure someone will let me know if I have made an error :banghead:

The kit was great to build and went together really well. It was also very well detailed. The kit is cheap to pick up as well which makes it an attractive build. To add to this I used the Alley Cat Decals ACD48006 Post War Test F6F-5K Hellcats. These were painted in very attractive Day-glo colour schemes with often different coloured fins.

I think the end result (in my un-biased) opinion is that the end build makes for a very attractive and different looking model.

Painted using Halfords Day-Glo rattle can paint and all other paint is Acrylics brush painted.

Anyway here are the photos:

IMG_2236_zpsa9fe2c20.jpg

IMG_2237_zpsc188b25a.jpg

IMG_2326_zps1d30b3bc.jpg

cc20559d-9a68-4e1d-b2b2-a533c8da4ddb_zps

Thanks for looking, feel free to leave CC and comments.

Tommy

• Like 14

Tommy,

GEEZ ! :hypnotised:

it's VERY EFFULGENT ....And SO RESPLENDENT in That SUPER color scheme. :wow::heart:

The photos are great and the black and white belies the fact that THAT is a model.... Good job Tommy..

:worthy:

HOUSTON. :cowboy:

ooh MY post count is reversible like a jacket. :rofl:

Edited by HOUSTON

Hi all,

Thanks for all the positive remarks :thanks:

The Alley cat decals set for this are great as they provide enough decals to do this version and more. The remaining versions are the Bikini Atoll drones with pink / yellow / green rear fuselages and tails. These make for interesting versions and I think I will be on the look out for another kit to complete one or more of these versions. Maybe less Dayglo in colour and more fadded orange?

Iain - The background photo is one of the Hangars at Duxford IWM.

Thanks

Tommy