-F 100 D SUPER SABRE

That's as close to the real deal as I have seen in awhile. Outstanding work dude!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I saw lots of these for real up at Sculthorpe (mid/late 70's??) on return from MAP, I think................If I could only find the photo's - would be hard pressed to tell the real thing from this work of art......................

SD

Superb, he needs to show us step by step!!

FF

That would be brilliant, wouldn't it?!

I've long admired Mr.Coudeyrette's models on Hyperscale. Every one I've seen has been spectacular - even the non-NMF weathered finishes are astounding when it's considered they're done by a brush. My airbrush finishes aren't a patch on them...!! Definitely some of the best models I've ever seen, the Super Sabre is just magnificent!

keef

I don't think I've seen a better NMF than this - absolutely stunning finish!!

EDIT: been thinking about this; Now many years ago I used rub n'buff, and I can remember reading articles how Ted Taylor used to thin the stuff down and spray it, but from memory of my using it, it was very easy to remove the stuff by handling, with fingerprint residue! So how the dickens does someone manage to build up the heat staining at the rear! We need to be told!! We need a masterclass!!

Edited by Bill Clark

I don't think I've seen a better NMF than this - absolutely stunning finish!!

EDIT: been thinking about this; Now many years ago I used rub n'buff, and I can remember reading articles how Ted Taylor used to thin the stuff down and spray it, but from memory of my using it, it was very easy to remove the stuff by handling, with fingerprint residue! So how the dickens does someone manage to build up the heat staining at the rear! We need to be told!! We need a masterclass!!

It is absolutely stunning Bill and i'm with you about rub n'buff. If it's the same rub n'buff i'm accustomed to it's a paste and leaves nasty fingermarks if touched so some demo would be appreciated!!

Excellent kit, fantastic execution. That is some of the best "burnt metal" staining on the exhaust I have ever seen - how do you achieve that without an air-brush? I really wish I could build mine even half as good (do I sound a little jealous, yet?)

Superb workmanship.

Thanks for sharing.

For some time now I try my hand with Rub'N Buff, triggered by my friend, to prevent leaving your finger print it is mandatory to use as less product as possible, them spread it at full extense with the oldest short haired brush you have in a circular movement, then you polish the surface with your fingers,( choose the one you prefer) this will leave no prints on your model you will see the result soon with my Il 28 Beagle..

@ Bill Clarke

Just tried the Ted Taylor way by mixing a small amount of paste with thinners and spraying onto a scrap model......i'm impressed with the result!

Cheers for the heads up!