F-35I 'Adir', Sqn 116 'Lions of the South'. 1/32 Italeri

Well done Alan !!

Both the F-35 and Captain S...:wicked::wicked:

Superb job...

Kitchen sink is one of my project too....

They really did that.... 

Congratulations my friend !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

Hi Alan,

well that turns out very nice. I am very impressed of all these details. Cockpit 👍 and the weaponbay, everything is spot on. And not to forget the young lady. I know the paintwork of figurines is not easy. But you brought it up to the 100% point. Very nice! 

A big whhhooow!

Thx for sharing!

Have a merry Christmas 🎄 

Cheers 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

Truly outstanding! I marvel at you guys that model fast jets in this scale! Love the figurine too...just adds that 'something' to the model. The nose roundel as if partially 'taped over' is interesting... what's the reason for it being like that?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

The nose roundel as if partially 'taped over' is interesting... what's the reason for it being like that?

Thanks very much 😊 Honestly, I don't know. I think it's to conform with the ram panel in the nose with an oblong shape rather than a circle. The wing ones are also inside angular panels. But the other countries with roundels don't have a similar fairing around them.

• Thanks 1

That is superb and another stunning model from the @Alan P hangar!

I too really enjoyed this kit and it’s good to see someone taking up a notch - your detail painting and finish are top class. 

All the best,

Tom

• Thanks 1

Thank you very very much again everyone 🥰 kind comments one and all!

21 hours ago, tomprobert said:

I too really enjoyed this kit and it’s good to see someone taking up a notch - your detail painting and finish are top class. 

Thanks again Tom, means a lot coming from you 👍

13 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

You'll never convince me that the F35 is anything but hideous. 😃

My enthusiasm for the subject outweighs your revulsion, so it's a net win for Team Lightning :innocent:

Thank you again folks, I've been working flat out in the run up to Christmas and this brightens my week no end ☺️

Alan

On 12/18/2023 at 11:17 AM, Alan P said:

No secret that this is my favourite aircraft, and the IDF operates probably the most advanced and combat capable variant currently flying. 1/32 is 'my scale' and we are currently spoilt for choice with four great kits of the various marks of this 5th Gen jet.

Italeri got there first with this fully licensed kit and I snapped one up as soon as they were available. I started it back in 2021 but it soon got lost amid the wreckage from covid but I was able to complete it for the Go Large Or Go Home GB this year. The GB just finished so go grab yourself some big-scale goodness over in the gallery and build threads!

So, here she is!

tn_F-35 (219)

The pilot represents 'Captain Shin' or simply Captain S., the Deputy CO of Sqn 116 'Lions Of The South' based at Nevatim in the Negev. 

tn_F-35 (203)

Tricked it out in full Beast Mode IDF-style, with Python-5 missiles and Spice-1000 guided bombs plus GBU-39 Small Diameter Bombs, GBU-38 laser JDAMs and AIM-120D AMRAAMs.

tn_F-35 (199)

Cockpit details were Eduard panels, Metallic Details wiring and upgrades, and Anyz knobs, placards and switches.

tn_F-35 (209)

The decals were a mix of kit, IsraDecal's set for this squadron plus the incredible 1-Man Army stencil set.

tn_F-35 (223)

I made two pilot figures which came from an Etsy seller, so they're probably knock-offs of a more reputable producer (sorry!)

tn_F-35 (230)

The 1-Man Army stencils were astonishing - everything here is painted on. I used Colourcoats FS36170 enamel paint for the main colour, with MRP FS36170 Camouflage Gray lacquer for the panel joins. The enamel was applied over an Alclad aluminium base to provide the slightly reflective sheen. 

tn_F-35 (186)

The weapons bays were the biggest challenge - I used Metallic Details upgrade set to add detail. I'll never build open weapons bays again in this scale!!!

tn_F-35 (188)

They look great with the Eduard GBU-39s and kit AMRAAMs plugged in! Pleased that everything fitted!

tn_F-35 (194)

All the bombs are attached using small neodymium magnets for ease of transport, if I should ever need to transport it!

tn_F-35 (224)

The entire canopy section is also detachable for protection when transporting.

tn_F-35 (212)

The entire nozzle and engine section is a resin replacement from Metallic Details. I also used Reskit wheels.

tn_F-35 (218)

This kit goes together very well, unless you want to try an drop the flaps or do anything else not in the instructions! It all looks very symmetrical and balanced out of the box. The wonky bombs are just because of the magnet attachment points and they got a bit knocked with me handling the model for photos! The armament was a big part of the build and came from Academy (Python AAMs), Eduard (GBU-39 SDBs), IsraCast (Spice-1000), Wolfpack (GBU-38s) and the kit (AMRAAMs).

tn_F-35 (228)

I called this a bit of a kitchen sink build, (in that I threw every bit of aftermarket I could stash bar the kitchen sink) and I'm really pleased it turned out more or less how I'd hoped. It's also a big ol' beast in 1/32!

tn_F-35 (231)

Here's how it measures up against its predecessor!

tn_F-35 (204)

Anyway - the GB is finished, and this goes back on the display shelf - hope you enjoyed a potted tour of the build and I wish you all a very merry and happy Christmas break :santa:

All the best and happy 2024,

Alan :cheers:

Very nice build Al! And a happy Xmas and new year to you too. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Orion said:

Job well done Allan.

Regards, Orion The Netherlands.

Thanks very much Orion, happy Christmas to you 👍

3 hours ago, James G said:

Very nice build Al! And a happy Xmas and new year to you too. 

Thanks very much James. Look forward to your next 1/32 (or have you moved away from those?)

32 minutes ago, BorisAlexandrov said:

Guess it's time to build one 1/32 F-14 or something.

Thanks Boris and I would agree :lol:

Cheers :cheers:

Alan