Junkers Ju87 D ‘Son of…’ –1/72

Special Hobby has recently re-boxed the old ‘Dora’ Academy, adding a nice new sprue to the box. I had the short wings of a G-1 in 'stock', always Academy, so I decided to build a D-3. I used the excellent Aires resin set

and made various modifications in some areas of the fuselage, in particular the nose and tail.

The wings are a bit problematic, given the large number of modifications and additions, however once the model is finished it is worth making them.

The chosen aircraft is a D-3 of 5./StG 2, operating from Kerch between April and June 1943. The writing on the nose 'Hundesohn' means 'son of...'

08+

The colors are RLM 70/71/65/04 Gloy and the decals come from the beautiful sheet Exito ED 72004. The model is painted, as usual, entirely by brush.

A particularity of this aircraft is its war load: an SD 500 bomb and 4 submunition containers AB 70 (Italeri 26102).

Hope you like it.
Thanks for your attention.
Giampiero Piva

• Like 60
  • Thanks 6

Another great build Giampiero!
I don’t say it often enough, but I really appreciate the effort you put in to explaining the modifications to the kit that you make through those excellent diagrams; an invaluable reference for the rest of us!

• Thanks 1