1/32 - Messerschmitt Bf.109K-4 Kurfürst by Kōtare - 3D renders - release late 2024, early 2025

Homebee

1 hour ago, TheFlyingShamrock said:

I'd be shocked if this was anything other than a Hurri or 109.

They're still a young company so it will be a long while before they move away from the guaranteed hits.

Young there are, but they might be more bold than we're willing to believe.

22 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Defiant it is then 😄

But, a biplane Hawker Fury or Demon would be nice and they seem to have experience in that area. Some careful planning might allow the other Hind-based variants: Hart, Hartbeest, Hardy, Audax, Hector, & Osprey

• Like 4

22 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Maybe eventually. But one poor selling release early on could cripple them. There's safety in Spits, Hurris, 109s, Mustangs etc. so I would be very surprised if we see anything outside of that wheelhouse for a few years yet.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Corky said:

Otherwise a Seafury to get a field goal .

Haven't DB Model Kits already announced current development of a 1/32 Sea Fury to follow their pending Scimitar (1/48) and DH Hornet (1/32) offerings?

• Like 2

I’ve seen on eBay one German seller takes preorders for some rare WnW kits. The description claims production start 2023/ delivery early 2024.

I kinda think it’s a scam though?

or do you think Kotare will rerelease their WnW kits? I mean for sure somebody will do it. The molds are there and for sure they were not put into trash. 

45 minutes ago, RKKA said:

I’ve seen on eBay one German seller takes preorders for some rare WnW kits. The description claims production start 2023/ delivery early 2024.

or do you think Kotare will rerelease their WnW kits? I mean for sure somebody will do it. The molds are there and for sure they were not put into trash. 

The moulds belong to Peter Jackson, not Kotare.

Paul.

1 hour ago, RKKA said:

Maybe these kits are some of the leftover stock they still had. I know some retailers sold leftover warehouse stock last year I think, so there may some left still. 

43 minutes ago, czaralko said:

Maybe these kits are some of the leftover stock they still had. I know some retailers sold leftover warehouse stock last year I think, so there may some left still. 

Yeah, I got myself quite a bunch of the leftovers beginning of this years (around 10 kits from different shops) But all of them were rather the later releases of WnW.

on eBay I see kits like Junkers J.I, Brandenburg W.12 etc. these were not on the last shelf batch.

however, I guess it’s just a scam then if there’s nothing leaked

i'm betting it's a Hurricane Mk.I but I'm hoping it's a P-51B or a Jug. the Jug would have a NZ connection. 

a decent Beaufighter would be awesome, but I think such a huge kit would be too risky at this point. the Spit sold well but they still need to make money. 

a 109E is unlikely, good ones exist, they tend to avoid subjects where good kits exist. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, New Tool said:

Just a guess:

The statue of liberty.

To be followed by a "The Duellists" set with King Kong :D 

Edit: Ah, damn my failing memory, it was the Empire State Building, wasn't it. That joke fell flat :D 

Cheers, 

Stew

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/11/2023 at 15:17, Paul Thompson said:

The moulds belong to Peter Jackson, not Kotare.

Paul.

The moulds did belong to WnW. Jackson was a shareholder and possibly the only shareholder but I'm not sure I've ever seen that confirmed. I haven't seem WnW has been dissolved but it might have been, in which case it might have sold the moulds to Jackson but again, I'm not sure we have evidence that's happened?

17 minutes ago, Phoenix44 said:

The moulds did belong to WnW. Jackson was a shareholder and possibly the only shareholder but I'm not sure I've ever seen that confirmed

Well, yes, I was using unwarranted shorthand because I was in a hurray, so, sorry for that. My point being that because WnW didn't go bankrupt or fail (which some people do occasionally mistakenly say) then the moulds have not changed hands. They're probably stored away nicely somewhere, and the WnW staff surely did not get offered any. As far as we know. There are people who know the whole story, but it remains a mystery to the casualy interested because, well, reasons.

Sorry if I'm leaving out bits of argument, thinking through super dense fluid at the moment. Covid is not my friend.

Paul.

• Sad 1

Seeing as Richard Alexander who was the general Manager of Wingnut Wings has just released a book for Wingleader Publications about the Spitfire Mk.I/II and and knowing there is a crossover between Wingnut Wings and Kotare then maybe the press release has been abbreviated and 'Not a Spitfire,' should have read 'Not a Spitfire Mk.I but a Spitfire Mk.II.'

Just a thought

2 hours ago, Gordon J said:

Seeing as Richard Alexander who was the general Manager of Wingnut Wings has just released a book for Wingleader Publications about the Spitfire Mk.I/II and and knowing there is a crossover between Wingnut Wings and Kotare then maybe the press release has been abbreviated and 'Not a Spitfire,' should have read 'Not a Spitfire Mk.I but a Spitfire Mk.II.'

Just a thought

No that's definitely not how they intended that to be read.

The differences between a Mk.II and a Mk.I are minuscule anyway. Making a judgement on the instructions the Mk. I, V, IX, and XIV are what they call the "most notable" along with the Seafire Mk. III and the PR Mk. XI. So I would be surprised if they strayed from those!

Now I guess the "Seafire" is technically "Not a Spitfire" but I can't see them going there as I imagine it might cause a bit of backlash.

The more and more I think about this the more I think it will be a Hurricane Mk. I. And I suspect they'll do rag and metal wings as separate releases (so early and late).

• Like 4

Maybe a bit left-field, but what about a 1/32 Anson mk.I?

There’s a flying one over here, and a pretty strong Kiwi connection (if that’s as relevant as we’re all making out) with many pilots in Coastal Command etc. Not terribly big, but still interesting as a twin. Also fits with the Mk.I Spitfire time period, so works as a ‘companion’.

A significant issue is that broad demand for a largish-scale Anson has probably already been met by the Airfix 1/48 kit. But it could fit well with an esoteric yet popular approach.

Edited by Karearea

16 hours ago, TheFlyingShamrock said:

No that's definitely not how they intended that to be read.

The differences between a Mk.II and a Mk.I are minuscule anyway. Making a judgement on the instructions the Mk. I, V, IX, and XIV are what they call the "most notable" along with the Seafire Mk. III and the PR Mk. XI. So I would be surprised if they strayed from those!

Now I guess the "Seafire" is technically "Not a Spitfire" but I can't see them going there as I imagine it might cause a bit of backlash.

The more and more I think about this the more I think it will be a Hurricane Mk. I. And I suspect they'll do rag and metal wings as separate releases (so early and late).

Yep, my thoughts too. And plenty of variations within (the Mk I Hurricane, that is).

Edited by Peter Roberts
  • Like 1