1/32 - Messerschmitt Bf.109K-4 Kurfürst by Kōtare - 3D renders - release late 2024, early 2025

Homebee

3 hours ago, Peter Roberts said:

Yep, my thoughts too. And plenty of variations within (the Mk I Hurricane, that is).

Yeah it just seems the most logical and obvious choice. There will be a Kiwi link, its a Spitfire companion, they can do multiple versions, it will be a good seller.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

A companion to a Spitfire. Another classic British fighter, a 1/32 EE Lightning! 

If only. 

A Hurricane is more sensible, but am still quietly hoping for a Supermarine Schneider Trophy contender which is a realistic alternative. Anything much bigger than a Spitfire seems very unlikely, so maybe a Seafire.

Tony 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tony.t said:

A Hurricane is more sensible, but am still quietly hoping for a Supermarine Schneider Trophy contender which is a realistic alternative. Anything much bigger than a Spitfire seems very unlikely, so maybe a Seafire.

Tony 

Either of these would easily convince me to part with £100 if done to a high standard but how popular would they be on a global market? There's plenty Hurricane kits already available but there's also plenty Spitfire kits already available and yet the market is still there for more.

On 11/21/2023 at 12:11 AM, Karearea said:

broad demand for a largish-scale Anson has probably already been met by the Airfix 1/48 kit

And the SH one. 

On 11/18/2023 at 4:33 AM, Karearea said:

If we’re getting into internationally renowned statues

A certain Belgian subject comes to mind... 

My money's on a Hurricane though.

Revell may have done a Mk.II but the other alternative for a Mk.I in 1/32 is the Fly or the PCM kit which is not everyone's cup of tea.

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Messerschmitt Bf.109K-4 Kurfürst- 3D renders - release late 2024, early 2025
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Messerschmitt Bf.109K-4 Kurfürst by Kotare - 3D renders - release late 2024, early 2025

Yes! New Messerschmitt, now becouse it's Kotare and the "K" it will be welcome... Have 2 pieces of Spitfire and I really like them without engine etc.

Anyway, I like 109 and will buy one? for sure :huh: maby 2...

4 hours ago, Flying Pancake said:

I think we all kind of expected a 109

That is a VERY novel reading of the posts made to this thread before today! I think four people mentioned a 109 and everyone else had other ideas?

I think it's a good choice, though, especially as a K-4

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Disappointing: I'm sure we'd been told that Kotare would intersperse the mediocre with interesting subjects? Or did I imagine that bit?

Were you hoping for the mediocre kit this time?

• Haha 1

I've recently been tempted into 1/32 by the old range of Revell gliders, and have a 1/32 Lanc unfinished that will be picked up again after I graduate uni. I didn't really have any plans to do any more 1/32, but I really like late 109s.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Mediocre subject, as well you know. I'm sure the kit will be superlative.

Very true, the kit will surely be fantastic. 

I think this is a super subject, a late Messerschmitt 109. I'm glad they went for this and will be first in the queue, but I would have preferred another Allied fighter ☺️

• Like 1

It's bound to be a really well researched and engineered kit so will please a lot of Luftwaffe fans and hopefully sell a lot to encourage Kotare to bring out more kits,

However I am not a Luftwaffe fan and will not be buying one, but will await their next project with anticipation.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, spitfire said:

It's bound to be a really well researched and engineered kit so will please a lot of Luftwaffe fans and hopefully sell a lot to encourage Kotare to bring out more kits,

However I am not a Luftwaffe fan and will not be buying one, but will await their next project with anticipation.

Cheers

Dennis

Concur.

58 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Cheers

Dennis

Exactly my usual position. Only I’m quite susceptible to the classic ‘Plucky Kiwis take on world’s best’ narrative, so I’ll probably end up buying one to support Kotare. I’ll start saving now!

• Like 1