1/32 - Messerschmitt Bf.109K-4 Kurfürst by Kōtare - 3D renders - release late 2024, early 2025

Homebee

Hurricane I makes perfect sense to me as the new Revell IIc kit, while nice, is tooled in such a way as that they'd need replace most of the major airframe components for a I, and the Kotare kit will be positioned as a more premium product in any case, and at a different price point.

Meanwhile the old PCM kit is effectively unobtainable and the and Fly kits, which are VERY nice, are nevertheless pretty complex builds.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Greg B said:

They’re Kiwi’s. So a better standard of English than the Aussies and a better Rugby team too. Just don’t be offended if ever one asks if you would like to see his deck in his garden…

Theres nothing offensive about the size of my deck

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/30/2023 at 8:21 AM, Admiral Puff said:

Hawker Typhoon. Car door and bubble canopy options. Flown by a Kiwi Article XV squadron [486(NZ) Sqn] as well as several individual Kiwis in other squadrons. Ticks several of what appear to be Kotare boxes.

I reckon a Hawker Typhoon is a good move by Kotare: the Revell offering of the Typhoon in 1/32 dates back to 1973 according to scalemates, and AFAIK there's not been a modern alternative offered since. 🤔

Edited by RussellE
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, sinnerboy said:

Eh?

get it now, bit slow on the uptake there, I'll say red backwards.

Yep, best companions ever are our 4 legged friends, bloody miss them when they've gone 😭

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussellE said:

I reckon a Hawker Typhoon is a good move by Kotare: the Revell offering of the Typhoon in 1/32 dates back to 1973 according to scalemates, and AFAIK there's not been a modern alternative offered since. 🤔

I thoroughly agree- a Typhoon would fit the Kiwi theme, while also plugging a gap and probably having sufficient desirability. If I had any sort of choice, that’s what would be top of my Kotare wishlist.

A Desmond Scott Typhoon is one of my ‘bucket list’ models.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Karearea said:

I thoroughly agree- a Typhoon would fit the Kiwi theme, while also plugging a gap and probably having sufficient desirability. If I had any sort of choice, that’s what would be top of my Kotare wishlist.

A Desmond Scott Typhoon is one of my ‘bucket list’ models.

there are new rumors of a Typhoon by Special Hobby though

• Like 1

I also think that it should and probably will be a Hurricane Mk.I: the aircraft which won the Battle of Britain.

However, one possibility for "companion" might be the 1939/40 advanced trainer on which some of the younger BoB pilots trained - the Miles Master.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, elger said:
On 11/2/2023 at 8:29 AM, Karearea said:

there are new rumors of a Typhoon by Special Hobby though

There are lots of rumours about Special Hobby, and whilst I love their kits, they do have very protracted development periods. Take for example their 1/72 Mosquito plans and the 1/72 Albacore.

Given the increased size of a 1/32 kit and the cost and timing increases that follow, I reckon Kotare would be first to market on a Typhoon... 🤔

The Walrus was built by Supermarine and also designed by Reginald Mitchell, though so were the Supermarine S.5/S.6 Schneider trophy winners.

Is there going to be any kind of announcement at Telford next weekend? Guessing games only hold interest for a short while,

Tony