1:72 Airfix Handley Page Victor B.Mk.2

All the best. Rest up and take whatever time you need. The audience aren't going anywhere.

Murray

• Like 1

Looking great so far, Bill. The contrasting panel line wash looks great. No darker than that!!

One thing i have noticed on Victors is a lot of nasty vertical streaking  located on the aft fuselage, but well forward of the air brakes. Would be worth consulting General Melchett on that one.

Another thing i think would be good -if you can make it work- are faint dirty streaks coming off the vortex generators on the wing upper surfaces, running in parallel. Unlike the Buccaneer, there isn't any bleed air coming over the wing from upstream.... but it might add something, though it should be very faint.

I wish you a speedy procedure and an uncomplicated recovery!

-d-

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I have officially survived the surgery.

Cheers,

Bill

PS. But it wasn't fun. Now I get to wait for the biopsy results.    🤞

PPS. The post-op nasal rinses I'm doing at home are ... interesting. Let's just leave it at that.

• Like 22
  • Confused 1

Glad that sinus surgery is behind you now Bill, and fingers are crossed here for sure.

I love the grey panel wash. In my time staring at aircraft pics, I've noticed that panel lines often stand out on a white surface from some distance - this is particularly noticeable with white stripes against a dark paint scheme (like Invasion Stripes) where panels will be very obvious, then disappear in the darker pianted section.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Glad that sinus surgery is behind you

Me too! Now I just need to get through the results of the biopsies. Oh, and the official "debridement" of my sinuses next Thursday. I had to look that one up - it sounds lovely. You know you're in for some fun when the nurse tells you to prepare by taking a couple of Oxycontin pills beforehand as it may be "uncomfortable." I think they told my wife that going into labor might be "uncomfortable." Ugh.

Cheers,

Bill

PS. On a positive note, I can now breathe through my nose, which I think is what you're supposed to do. But it's been so long...

• Like 9
  • Sad 4

Geez Bill,

I'm just catching up on the build and your health situation!

So sorry to hear about the surgery, I hope that things will finally turn around for you and you can get back to normal.  If there is such a thing as normal anymore for any of us.

Best Regards,

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2024 at 7:57 PM, Navy Bird said:

PS. On a positive note, I can now breathe through my nose, which I think is what you're supposed to do. But it's been so long...

Yes it is, in through the nose and out through the mouth.

Gondor

• Haha 2

Well, the biopsy reports came back and they were "inconclusive." After a week of pathology and flow cytometry tests, the conclusion stated that the analysis "does not exclude the presence of lymphoma." The tissue samples are now being sent for "additional laboratory studies to include immunoglobulin gene rearrangement assay in situ hybridization for EBV (EBER), and CD30 immunohistochemistry." Not being an expert on anything in particular, I have no idea what any of that means. However, Dr. Google is always at hand - I think the first bit EBV (EBER) is checking for the Epstein-Barr virus, which is linked to, oh, a million and a half disorders including several subtypes of lymphomas. Needless to say the old anxiety meter has gone up to 11.     😕

I'm going to to send my oncologist a note saying "please convey final results to me using one of the following words: benign or malignant. No other words are required."    

Then again, all this stuff could simply be due to my year-long sinus infection. Which, by the way, seems to be gone. I had my "debridement" a few days ago, and my sinuses are clear - they haven't been this good in a long time. I still have to do my nasal saline/steroid rinses but I'm really pleased so far.     👍

Today, I'm going to try and finish the panel line wash on the White Whale, and maybe even get some of the internals aluminiumized.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 8

Another one with extremities crossed here as well, Bill. I'm glad to hear the sinuses are improved after the surgery

James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, everyone!      :thanks:

Your fingers and toes did the trick - I dodged the bullet. The remaining three tests came back negative, which means everything that was identified in the first round of tests can be attributed to the crazy sinus infection that I've had for so long. Good news on that front as I mentioned previously - the surgery opened everything up nicely and I am not currently experiencing any symptoms of an infection.

I'm not a guy who tends to worry about stuff, but I can't tell you how much stress I was feeling. I've gone through cancer twice and I've never felt this stressed out. Ugh.

Now, where was I?     :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 37

Great to hear all is on the upswing Bill. If you're like me, wondering where you were.... Probably over there-----------------> Because all the good stuff is over here<--------------------

• Like 2