Vickers Medium Tank Mk.II** - Ancient warrior

Carius

Oh boy! You've excelled yourself there Cesar. That's an excellent rendition of a Vickers Medium tank. The paintwork and weathering are first class. Nice one.

Hope you had a nice Christmas Cesar, and a Happy New Year to you.

John.

• Like 1

Gotta admit I had never seen or heard of this beastie. You can sorta see how it would be the progenitor of machines that came later tho.

Super smart modelling. The paint effects really give it a sense of heavy use without going over the top. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Pete

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PF Naughton said:

Hi,

Your build looks great.  I really enjoy seeing some of these lesser known vehicles (especially the inter-war stuff).

Hi PF, thank you very much.

17 hours ago, Yg Models said:

nice sharing, i like its track.

Many thanks mate

15 hours ago, sardaukar said:

I like it, the interwar stuff is pretty cool, Great job.

12 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Oh boy! You've excelled yourself there Cesar. That's an excellent rendition of a Vickers Medium tank. The paintwork and weathering are first class. Nice one.

Hope you had a nice Christmas Cesar, and a Happy New Year to you.

John.

Hello my friend, I thank your kind words again.

Happy New Year John

Take care

Cesar

10 hours ago, Pete Robin said:

Gotta admit I had never seen or heard of this beastie. You can sorta see how it would be the progenitor of machines that came later tho.

Super smart modelling. The paint effects really give it a sense of heavy use without going over the top. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete, thank you for your comment and compliments.

Take care

Cesar

10 hours ago, Alpha Juliet said:

Very nice model Cesar - not one that is often seen.  Well done mate!

Many thanks Sir!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SimonL said:

Nice work, great paint job. How was it to build?

Many thanks Simon, the parts are excellent, well molded, have a perfect fit, and this all makes for an easy and quick assembly but, as always, the boring and tiring work is to assemble and adjust the suspension, wheels and links.

So, I just needed to make a few improvements in the kit, like a turned aluminum barrel, commander and driver station additions, exhaust and brackets improvements,  a metal cable (omiteted by Hobby Boss), glasses for front lights and I added the aiming device for the main gun (omitted by manufacturer too). Finally, I replaced the front piece number A18 by an aluminum foil.

Cheers

Cesar

11 hours ago, Milan Mynar said:

Nicely done, especially paintwork and weathering.

Many thanks Milan

Edited by Carius

Hi Cesar,

A very good job as always, with a marked weathering. A rarely seen and unusual vehicle, perhaps because it is not the most graceful tank, but it has the charm of interwar machines, which are a speculation of what the future will be.:goodjob:

Cheers, TC, MC and HNY.

Francis.🎅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Cesar,

A very good job as always, with a marked weathering. A rarely seen and unusual vehicle, perhaps because it is not the most graceful tank, but it has the charm of interwar machines, which are a speculation of what the future will be.:goodjob:

Cheers, TC, MC and HNY.

Francis.🎅

Hi my friend, thank you for the compliments. In my opinion the interwar tanks are very interesting  Tomorrow I will travel to Austria, but it is not possible to go to Spain.

Cheers from Brazil and HNY :cheers:

3 hours ago, IanC said:

Fantastic! A great subject, very nicely done. The weathering is particularly realistic.

Ian I thank your kind words too.

Cheers

2 hours ago, StuartH said:

Unusual subject and superbly weathered. Outstanding 👏

Stuart I really appreciate your compliments.

Many thanks

Edited by Carius

21 hours ago, Carius said:

Hi my friend, thank you for the compliments. In my opinion the interwar tanks are very interesting  Tomorrow I will travel to Austria, but it is not possible to go to Spain.

Cheers from Brazil and HNY :cheers:

Hi Cesar,

Have a good trip! Around here, at least in my city, it seems like a cool spring... around 20 degrees... climate change?...

Cheers 👍

• Like 1

You say "ancient desert warrior".  There were a few Medium MkIIs in Egypt before WW2, some in zany colours and at least 1 covered in asbestos panels.  None of them was green.  What was your thinking on the colour and the complete lack of markings?

BTW the Vickers MG in the turret front was co-axial with the 3pdr - a world first - and so would be at the same elevation

• Like 1