Sharkmouth, F6F-5 Hellcat, 1/48 Eduard - pic heavy ;)

Hey guys, one week ago i have finished this kit (built as a birthday gift), but i did not have time to create the RFI till now :)

For anyone interested, some quick WIP is here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235002039-f6f-hellcat-148-eduard/(i was rushing to finish the kit in time so i did not take that many shots during the build).

The kit is totaly great and amazing, well recommended to everyone interested in building the Hellcat in 1/48! I have added some details here and there, mostly scratched (tank infront of cockpit, reworkded cockpit, opened and reshaped flaps)

For painting i have used Mr.Paint brand paints for the very first time and also these are totaly amazing and wonderfull (for airbrush only though), well recommended as well :)

Weathering was done by using various Ammo and AK products (chipping fluid, fresh engine oil, fuel leaks, panel line washes), a bit of oil colours (mainly to tone down the washes a bit) and some pigments of various brands.

Here is the result - i know i could add some more weathering and dusting around if i had time, but i was running out of time badly :( But i m still quite happy with the result :)

So first some scratched details :)

010.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

008.jpg

P_20160610_123359_HDR+(1).jpg

And the final look :)

DSCN2617.jpg

DSCN2624.jpg

DSCN2620.jpg

DSCN2629.jpg

DSCN2630.jpg

DSCN2633.jpg

DSCN2635.jpg

DSCN2636.jpg

DSCN2637.jpg

DSCN2638.jpg

DSCN2639.jpg

DSCN2640.jpg

DSCN2644.jpg

DSCN2645.jpg

DSCN2646.jpg

DSCN2647.jpg

DSCN2648.jpg

DSCN2649.jpg

DSCN2652.jpg

DSCN2651.jpg

DSCN2652.jpg

DSCN2653.jpg

DSCN2654.jpg

DSCN2655.jpg

DSCN2656.jpg

DSCN2657.jpg

DSCN2660.jpg

DSCN2662.jpg

DSCN2663.jpg

DSCN2667.jpg

DSCN2668.jpg

DSCN2669.jpg

DSCN2670.jpg

DSCN2674.jpg

DSCN2675.jpg

Thanks a lot for watching and have a great day :)

• Like 42

Superbly informative WIP Wolwe and what can you say about the end result? You will struggle to find a better build of this kit on any site,magazine

or show,another masterpiece!

• Like 2

Steve you are realy way way WAY TOOOOO kind to me :) i believe you could find many little or bigger failures on my work ;) you know, i m still learning.. :) but thanks a lot for your very nice words, i wont lie, it warms my heart and gives me inspiration and motivation to more work :) cheers

• Like 1

i believe you could find many little or bigger failures on my work ;) you know, i m still learning.. :)

? Failures, The only failure was the paint job on that hand holding the drop tank, just doesn't look real :banghead:

Seriously that is sooo good, I have seen quite a few of your builds and they just keep getting better and better. Cant wait for the next one.

• Like 1

I Wolwe,

Congrats on a superb build and weathering. I've bookmarked this thread as I have the 1/72 boxing in my stash.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Hi Wolwe! Well, what can I say? To start with the extra detail you added is incredible! I seriously do not know how you have the patience and small enough fingers!! Amazing......... Then there's the paintwork! Beautifully done!.........Finally the weathering..........absolutely stunning!! I know you are very modest about your accomplishments but I really think you are becoming one of THE most accomplished modellers around!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

My dearly beloved has said everything that I think too! You are as talented as you are modest! :thumbsup: I love the way something can be created which looks genuinely knackered and soo good... :wow:

I bet he loved his present,

All the best,

Mrs P

Edited by Mrs PlaStix
  • Like 1

Guys i have to say you all made me very very happy! :) Building models is something what is pure joy and fun for me and i m happy if you guys like the results of my work :)

Mark i have to agree this is probably one of my best 2-3 models, at the same time i have to say big part of it is the great kit (Eduard) and great tools i had for it (Mr.Paint, Ammo, ...) :) So my work on it was just a little part :)

Cookie thanks too, i also like to watchy our WIP´s, because you are not feared of experimenting with new techniques and thats something i like :)

My dear Mr. and Mrs.Stix, you are two of the most kind and nice persons here on BM, realy big thanks for your nice supportive words :) Though Mr.Stix (i realy have to find better way how to talk about one or other of you two.. :) ) is exaggerating as usualy ;) i know there is a LOT of stuff which i have to learn and practice to be better - theres realy big room to me to improve :)

Rob thanks for your words :) and i m happy if i could help you or show some of the techniques i have learned a bit (though as i said in WIP, i m only passing the stuff i m learning from the realy great modellers around on BM and FB :) )

The build is truly great. I have not seen any Hellcat ever done to this level. Thanks for sharing it with us. I really enjoyed being along for the ride !! Bob H.

Edited by Bob Henry
  • Like 1