Jump to content

Texan76

Members
  • Content Count

    483
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Texan76

  1. I started reading up on this issue. There seems to be a huge backlash on how Photobucket handled this rollout. Instead of doing all these petitions, etc., I would encourage everyone to go and use a competitors service and refuse to return to Photobucket. They would really feel the pain of their action then. I would use someone else and refuse to return to them even if they rescind the new policy.
  2. I have an idea. Instead of relying on a third party photo site, why can't Britmodeller just fix the forums where we can copy and paste a photo into the thread itself? I always found the linking from Photobucket to be a pain anyway.
  3. Thanks for the tip. I used a dust wash to weather the spare track, as I figured that it shouldn't rust in a very dry climate such as the desert. At least that was my thought.
  4. What a great looking model! I bet the masking for that scheme was a pain!
  5. Finally got this one finished. This was a very nice kit, wonderful detail, but with some fit issues along the way. Despite that, everything else went fairly smooth, minus numerous errors in the instructions. This kit is by far the best Mig-29 out there. I'd recommend this to modelers with some experience, not beginners. Everything was out of box, minus a metal pitot tube and aftermarket decals from Linden Hill. I used Akan paints, which were absolutely wonderful. Enjoy.
  6. I'm down to the last bits now. I should have it posted in ready for inspection tonight or tomorrow.
  7. I have the Vallejo 71.121 in a paint set I just bought, but have yet to use it. It seems to be the right color though. In the past, I have used Model Master Acrylic for that color. Here is an A-4 I did in Light Gull Gray using Model Master.
  8. Got the missiles on the pylons, landing gear attached, and panel line wash complete. After drying overnight, I will put on a matte coat in preparation for final weathering and assembly. Getting close to the end of the line.
  9. Other than an Abrams I built for a friend, and wargame tanks, this is my first serious effort at an armor build. I heard good things abound the new tool Dragon Pz IV Ausf D, so I decided to give it a try. Plus, I'm interested in the Afrika Korps, so I found a decal sheet on eBay for DAK vehicles. This kit is superb. Perfect fit and a minimal part count. The detail is very nice for the scale. The only issue I came across was when it came to decal time, I found that the decal reference subject differed in some ways than the kit, even though the subject of the decals was also a Ausf
  10. Got the stencils on the pylons, missiles, and fuel tank. Unfortunately, there was a shortage of decals for the Archer missile pylons. GWH only printed enough for two. So I did two with decals on one side, and put the opposite side decals on the other two. Tomorrow I will start the task of the airframe stencils.
  11. Got the main decals on from the aftermarket sheet. Now time for all those dang stencils. Not looking forward to that.
  12. All the colors are on. I'm going to let it dry overnight, then spray a coat of Future tomorrow in preparation for decals.
  13. This kit is far superior to the Academy kit. Despite a few fit issues, this kit is easily the best Mig-29 available. I recommend this for intermediate to experienced modelers. As far as accuracy, I am not a Mig expert, but it sure looks like a Mig-29 to me.
  14. Primed and turned into a zebra: Airbrushing camo with Panzer Putty and Grex Airbrush: Progress so far; will paint glare panel later tonight:
  15. Thanks for the link. Those are actually the lacquer based paints. Why those are available here and not the aqueous, I am not sure. I got an Infinity from Paul at little cars U.K., and it seems to perform better than the Evolution. I reserve it for fine detail, while my Badger is my general purpose brush.
  16. Ready for paint. Probably will be Monday until I have enough time to dedicate to priming.
  17. Got the exhaust painted. I used GSI Mr. Metal Color buffable Iron for the inside of the exhaust, and used Vallejo Metal Color shades of Jet Exhaust, Steel, and Pale Burnt Metal for the rest.
  18. Things are coming along. Progress has been a little slow due to simultaneous projects, but it's getting there. Fit has been good to average, with the exception of the intakes which were absolutely dreadful.
  19. Just got the fuselage halves glued together. Surprisingly, unlike the parts up till this point, the fit was very nice. I'm leaving the sprue around the wingtips on until the last minute to protect the delicate static wicks.
  20. Thanks Muzz. I'm slowly working and trying to get these intakes in. There will still be a need for filler when it's done I'm afraid. So far this kit has presented some challenges. The fit has not been very good, and the fit of the intakes/ engine housing is absolutely dreadful. Not what one would expect from a modern and expensive kit. I will say though that the level of detail on this kit is phenomenal. If I ever get it together neatly, then it ought to look fairly good in the end.
  21. Yes, the seat belts are included in the kit. They were hard to work with. I'm not very pleased with how they turned out, but it could be worse I guess. , The engines have to be fitted to allow the exhaust nozzles to be attached. However, in the pic above, the test fit is without the engine installed. So some work will be required regardless.
  22. Photo of cockpit installed. Did some dry dry fitting and looks like there's going to be a tough fit issue with the engine housing area and intake assembly.
×
×
  • Create New...