The what did santa bring you thread.

brewerjerry

Nowt on the modelling front - but subscriptions for Military modelling and Airfix model world. Battery grip for my Canon EOS, laptop lap stand thingy - much more comfy to use, The Pacific DVD set, ive been lucky though unfortunately Mrs DY and no 1 son are both collapsed in bed with flu so quiet day so far - Xmas dins on hold for a couple of days- Happy Christmas all

Subscription to SAMI and the Airfix Modellers club. :)

Unfortunately, Saint Airfix sent me the 2010 club kit despite my wife (well coached by me) asking for the 2011 one :weep:

Happy Christmas to you all!

regards,

Martin

I actually didnt get anything plastic aircraft related (though the money I did get will probably go to that cause), however one present I did get was more valuable to me than any model kit. In my spare time, I paint pictures for my bedroom wall; and one of the subjects is my favourite model, Lucy Pinder. Without knowing, my mum sent some smaller copies of my paintings to her and Lucy actually signed them for me and even personalised a photo of herself with my name and a little letter saying she liked my work. Couldnt get much better than that! :D

DSCN0831.jpg

Better than any material goods in my opinion

Edited by Nakajima15

Santa was very very kind to me this year

in 1/72

AZ model MiG-17F

Airfix Spit Mk1

Airfix Bff-110 trop

Special Hobby Blohm and Voss P.194

Special Hobby F-86H Sabre Hog

MPM Boulton Paul Defiany Mk.1

Revell Fairey Gannet As Mk 1

Zvezda simply stunning Mig 21 Bis Fishbed L

in 1/48

Zvezda Bf-109 F2

Zvezda La5 Fn

Eduard Fw-190A6

Italeri F-111E

Amazingly happy with the massive influx to my stash, now torn on what to start first, but the MiG 21 is just calling to me, simply amazing level of detail on such a fine scale.

will work on it as soon as my F-100D and P-51 are finished.

Don't normally get model prezzies - but my wife must have been listening a couple of months ago when I mentioned Revell's stunning new Arado 196 - 'cos there was one under the tree :)

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Sea Vixen from the Missus (with minimal guidance - apparently she went into Bath Model Centre and asked for the newly released model, costs about £30 and probably something to do with the Navy - well done guys - reminds me of the Boots advert on the radio at the moment - perfume; girly, flowery, pink ones !!!!!), and a Walrus from the eldest (copied my model database and went looking for something I didnt already have - and then compromised on something I only had a few of!!!).

Its been a good Xmas for me so far; hope the rest of you feel the same way :)

FredT

I did quite well this year, Santa gave me a 1:64 HM Schooner Pickle. Absolutely no plastic in it at all, just wood and thread and lots of coffee stirring sticks! I slight departure from my usual but should be fun, I may even put it on here to show the progress, although if i finish it before 2020 then that will be good going!

:thumbsup:

Cheers now

Bob

PS 10 Brownie points to who can tell of the significance of the HMS Pickle!

Nothing modellingwise, but books clothes, smellies, booze.....................and then herself pulls a brand new laptop from under the tree! Yipee, no more Britmodelling via my i phone.

I love her, lots and lots

MH

Edited by Max Headroom

Well I must have been an extra specially good boy this year as Santa fetched me lots of stuff, including three 1/32 scale kits, all Hasagawa, all Japanese,

Nakajima Ki-44

Nakajima Ki-84

Kawasaki Ki-61

These are ones that I like the look of but could never justify buying for myself.

The Pacific DVD box set.

A Kindle

Now 77

Cheers

Den

And other stuff as well.

Trumpy 1/32 Me262a-1 "Heavy armament", The Pacific on DVD, some cool XBOX games and some other bits and bobs. Also got a set of Seamless Suckers 1/32 Hornet intakes-try getting your loved ones excited by that! Did treat myself to a 1/32 Dragon Bf110! (Out in my shed though). Nice fun day. Happy Christmas all.

Edited by turnerdad

Just the two, but exactly what I was after - Santa'a a flippin' mind reader!

The beautful Czechmaster Resin 1/72 Jet Provost T3/4 and a Flightpath 1/72 Avro Lincoln conversion.

Happy Christamas all

Mark