What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

Not over my house but over my current place of work, CH53's, Chinooks, Apaches, Super Cobras, Lynx, Seakings, MI-8's and an MI-26 Halo (it's huge). Not forgetting various marks of Herk including a gunship a C-5 galaxy, C-17's, AN-12, 747, 737 and all manner of other stuff, so quite an interesting place for a spotter.

Just saw a B-29 flying around downtown Fort Worth, Texas. Not a common sight. I would imagine it is the CAF B-29 "FIFI" in town for an airshow starting next week. Normally there is just F-18s, C-130s and F-16s flying from the naval air station. I like that, a naval air station situated in the middle of Texas.

• Like 1

Yesterday, the unmistakable sound of a Heuy, slapping it's big wide baldes against the cold air. We've got various type down here in SA, mostly used for firefighting duties in the forest plantaions and the very sensative Fynebos (finebush) areas.

Colin

Endless North Sea oil rig choppers and the occasional Lakenheath F-15 duo chasing each other around in ACM practice (maybe a couple of times a week in the summer). Otherwise, pretty dull these days........ :weep:

R

Lots and lots of things: I'm sat in John Wayne Airport (Orange County) listening to the ground & tower communications through my headphones. Mostly 737s, Cessna 172s, the odd executive jet, some eggbeaters and so on. Ahead of me is a United 737 refuelling and about to load my bags. Radio phraseology is a little different from UK as is the met - nothing but CAVOK for miles around. Wind is 240/12.

A Merlin (RAF?) transiting at high level (roughly 5,000 ft) and following the M62 motorway from Manchester towards West Yorkshire. We`ve seen a few Merlin`s around here (Milnrow- Lancs/Yorks border) recently and around 4 weeks ago there was one flying a low level figure of eight pattern which crossed right over my house!

Cheers

Tony O

Erikson Sky Crane ( not sure which one Gypsie Lady or Ichabod ) plus assorted helicopters including The upgraded Hueys ( love that sound ) fighting the bush fires on the Springwood ridge behind us. All with sky buckets slung. Yesterday interesting to watch a Bell 407 filling its bucket from the Nepean river to fight a grass fire in Leonay in the strong winds. Looks like their in for a long fire season, I've not seen it this dry this early in the year and its not even summer yet.

Well since I've been on my days off work saturday, sunday and today, I've had the BBMF C47 pass over going somewhere north, a Chinook went over on saturday at a thousand feet above my house and several light aircraft, and of course the obligatory police helicopter in the dead of night!

Wessex HAR2 just left Dunsfold. Unusual sight but welcome.

I didn`t know that there were any Wessex still flying, even in private hands,...that's great news!

Cheers

Tony O