Sherman M4A3E8 - full interior

Keeff

Finally, my RFM Sherman is done ..... 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235122906-and-for-my-next-trick-which-im-calling-done/

I wanted to display this in a 'split' fashion to show all the interior detail, so have used brass rod to support the upper hull and turret. 

So here goes .... 

53373745854_ed96728239_b.jpg 

53373882825_c3b2f037bf_b.jpg  

53372518912_aee3178198_b.jpg   

53373612373_82e0d74863_b.jpg   

53373612158_edf6fb5012_b.jpg   

53373880635_41d2dd81da_b.jpg   

53373746389_c295c1ae39_b.jpg  

53373432231_8866ddf233_b.jpg

Thank you for looking, comments and feedback welcome! 

Keith 😁

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4

WOW....now that IS different. Very innovative display method. Everything looks fantastic, A great way to see all the things you normally wouldn't. Very unique.

Best, Rich

• Thanks 1

That is so impressive, I've not been brave enough to try a full interior, I'm still not, but here's inspiration for when I do 😃. Great presentation as well, looks just like the exploded diagrams you get in books.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yg Models said:

i plan to try RFM tiger i or Pz.iii, any comment on RFM full interior kit?

The detail they capture and include is superb. 

RFM use alot of pieces in some sub-assemblies .... for example, there were 11 pieces for each suspension unit and over 1,000 to make the tracks with 6 parts per link. 

Mouldings are crisp, but lots of ejector pin marks. 

Brst advice .... don't rush it! 

Keith 😁 

• Thanks 1

That has turned out great Keith. The work that you've done on the interior is first rate. But I do have one problem with it. The crew are going to have a helluva job camouflaging it!!

John.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

The crew are going to have a helluva job camouflaging it!!

I'm sure they could work something out! 🤣🤣

• Like 1

you haven't think to build/display it in cut away style (i saw this on other RFM full interior kit)?

btw, driver and gunner in the front seat can't see anything unless using top hatch? 🤔

Edited by Yg Models

Thank you to all that have pressed 'like' and commented on this so far, it really is uplifting 😊 

I may well do another full interior build ..... but not just yet! 🤣

Keith 😁 

Edited by Keeff
  • Like 1

I followed you with this one from afar and I am really impressed at your patience and talent at producing a rather stunning finished item. I think that's a novel and well engineered response to displaying all of the work involved. Fabulous.

Regards

Pete

• Thanks 1

Hi Keith,

You finally finished with the model, and IMHO, it was worth it, it looks great, both inside and out, and the option to present it is very appropriate, I had already seen it on another occasion on another website with another interior model, and it is the best.
I seem to remember that it could be "assembled" in its entirety and dismantled again in layers to show it as you do.
It's not something you should do often (breakage guaranteed), but it's what I'll try when I decide to make something with a full interior.
I would have liked a single color background (black or white) for the RFI presentation, I think the good work done would be better appreciated.

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your feedback @FrancisGL, it's very much appreciated.  I can't argue about the background .... on reflection I might have rushed the pictures so will do some more. 

I haven't seen the display idea ... I managed to work it out as a solution as I didn't want to have it assembled! 

Keith 😁 

• Like 1