F101B VOODOO 1/48 scale Monogram (year 1985)

Eagle57

spacer.png

Hi everyone,

those who know the Monogram kit of the VooDoo F101B 1/48 scale know that it is an excellent kit even if very dated, the only major flaw is the raised paneling present.

So having this assembly box in my collection I decided to assemble it. I don't like the relief of the kit, so I decided to re-emboss all the panels.

Long and hard work but in the end I have to say I'm satisfied with the result.

In addition to engraving, I also enjoyed experimenting and applying riveting following photos of the original aircraft.

I finished off the wing edges, improved the air intakes, the landing gear legs and the engine exhaust part.

Various trolley compartments and doors have a good finish.

The cabin interiors are also valid and well made, although some improvement work has been carried out on the cabin and canopy. Rebuilt pitot tube.

I hope you like the result.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

parts of the starter kit

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 58
  • Thanks 4

I do love the old Monogram kits, but I tend to avoid them because of the raised panel line issue. The kits themselves are beautiful.

You have made me think again, with the way you have removed and re-scribed everything, producing an absolutely fantastic looking Voodoo.

Top job, well done!

Terry

• Like 3

That's superb! All your hard work has definitely paid off. You've turned a great kit into an outstanding one! I've always loved the Voodoo and have the Kittyhawk model in my stash ready for a rainy day. Great work and thanks for sharing and the inspiration 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Great work. I’ve got one of these kits partially stalled almost at the primer stage at the moment. I’d say it still stands up well against some more  modern kits. 

James

As I was saying, the only problem is the fact that the panels were in relief... otherwise Monogram made excellent models for the times

• Like 1