Spot of the day - Part 7

keefr22

2 hours ago, Farmer matt said:

The problem cars like the Stinger face is they are caught between two worlds.They are off the radar of the company's core market, and nobody contemplating a Quattroporte or Giulia is going to look past the brand.

It also doesn't help when they're pricing themselves in BMW/Audi territory - so most private 'buyers' for that class of car are unlikely to consider one either - even if they know it exists!

I've always thought it's a really good looking car though.

Keith

• Like 4

On 19/03/2024 at 08:03, Farmer matt said:

Just followed a Kia Stinger GT along the A25, probably only the third I've seen. Quite attractive in a deep metallic red, take the badges off it could have passed for somethimg more exotic.

Matt

Coincidentally, I saw a white Stinger GT S at Sainsbury's yesterday, 68 plate IIRC. No Kia badges though - all were the stylised 'E' logo, which threw me for a minute.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FG2Si said:

Saw this behemoth at work yesterday. 

PXL_20240319_162648924-L.jpg

I was surprised it was out as there was snow in the forecast. 

Surely nobody could think those wheels suit it?  😑

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Farmer matt said:

With apologies for the strange angle, a snatched shot as it pulled away. 1958 Ford Fairlane 500.

58fairlane500

Matt

Appears to be a Skyliner retractable too - rare bird.

Edited by Six97s
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

I can't think of anything ever built they'd suit,horrible with a H....

I just don't get the "huge wheel" mentality at all...  ruins the proportions.  Anything over 15" looks silly on most old cars.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Six97s said:

I just don't get the "huge wheel" mentality at all...  ruins the proportions.  Anything over 15" looks silly on most old cars.

No accounting for taste, as the old lady said when she kissed the cow ...

Lovely dark metallic red 'mild custom' classic Beetle this morning, looked lovely in a rare bit of sunshine. Young lady driving it wasn't bad either....!! :)

Keith

• Like 6

Sunshine brought a few more out today - lovely top down harvest gold MGB roadster, looked mint. Black R32 Skyline GTR - which fittingly enough for a Japanese classic was covered in cherry blossom petals! And on the way home from the school run a very nice BRG Aston DB7. 

And while waiting for grand-daughter to come out of school, what I think was a McLaren 720 in their purplish-blue colour. But not really that interested in things like that so it could have been a purplish-blue anything....!!

Keith 

• Like 4

Would a virtually immaculate metallic grey low-spec N-reg Astra attract any interest? I'd have taken a photo, but the driver was sitting in it and so it seemed a bit rude to snap away.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Spiny said:

Would a virtually immaculate metallic grey low-spec N-reg Astra attract any interest? I'd have taken a photo, but the driver was sitting in it and so it seemed a bit rude to snap away.

It would attract my interest Spiny.  Everyday normal spec cars that have just faded away are of more interest to me than any over specced supercar . Mrs Windy used to have a red mid 90s Astra Merit when we first met . On my advice she soon removed the rear window "back flash " . Remember those !!!

Gary. 

• Like 3

I do remember them, but for some strange reason they didn't do ones saying "Micra" and by the time I had the next car they were completely our of fashion. On the subject of 'normal' cars, there was a K-reg Citroen ZX around near work up until covid, but I haven't seen it since. :(

• Like 3

This very tidy Forward Control Land-Rover was at Cambridge Services at lunchtime today.

spacer.png

Trevor

• Like 10

On 23/03/2024 at 21:53, psdavidson said:

two Mk 2 Nissan Micras (Micrae?) within half a mile of each other

Both lowered which just looked wrong

Reckon they must have been related

Reminded me - I also saw a lowered one, in red, a couple of days ago.

Distant cousin...?! 🤣

Keith

• Haha 4

As I joined the Motorway this morning spotted white van man a ways ahead towing a trailer with what looked like a rag top sports car. Had to stick the Welly in it to catch up and was surprised to see that what I had initially guessed to be a TR4 was an immaculate off-white SP250 on chrome wires with a blue hood. Could not get a photo under the circumstances!

• Like 7

On Sunday passed a TR7 whilst out cycling .  On a trailer and it looked a real project.  Probably it should have been in a body bag.  Difficult to see where the metallic brown paint finished and the rust started.  I can’t imagine it would have been worth restoring financially!  I quite like the proper ones rather than ragtops, but this one was a real tetanus special.

I’d mention the chromified V reg MGB that passed me twice, the backdate being the only thing worth mentioning about such things.  the guy looked like he was having fun although should have been flogged for having the roof up!

• Like 3