Academy 1/32 Luftwaffe F-4F in Norm 81 camouflage and some dirt

Hi all.

I just finished the 1/32 Academy Luftwaffe F-4F (Vietnam War F-4E boxing) with some aftermarket parts. The biggest job was trying to make a decent cockpit. I used the kit tub, from which I raised the floors, Several parts from the Legend cockpit set; ejectio seats, wall panels and some pe parts, Red Fox Studios 3d printed instrument panels and a bunch of details made from plastic strips and rod.

Other aftermarket parts used are a corrected nose and exhausts from QMT, wheels from a Tamiya kit and Sidewinder missiles from Reskit.

Overall, I think this kit is quite decent, especially with the upgraded parts included in this release.

Finding correct decals proved to be a bit of a problem, that was until a friend of mine offered a spare set from an older Revell kit.

After the cockpit was done and the panel lines and rivets were fixed on the outer wing panels, most of the build was pretty much straight forward.

All RAL colours were mixed from several MrHobby paints, using a RAL fan deck to make them as close as I could.

Weathering was done with oilpaint washes and AK pencils.

Thanks for watching,

René

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 65
  • Thanks 6

That cockpit looks just - PHantastic! You should have made a duplicate for separate display á là the Esci 1/12 pits.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken we had a deal on a different medium just when C19 got into stride. It took some time (well, some 33 months if I calculated correctly :-)) but good things may take a while. The books are just excellent! As was your packaging - many thanks! This just leaves me five of the entire Ali range to get - #24 Ca 311/314, Straniere 1 and 2, and 2 of the Coloris - I think 1 and 3. actually 4 and 5 If you know someone who wants to part with theirs at a reasonable price - drop me a line!

Edited by tempestfan
  • Like 1

GREAT job on the cockpit! Transformed the Revell original. Nose looks much better as well. With the exception of the skinny nosewheel strut that's about the best build from this kit I've seen 🏆

Well done indeed 👏👏👏

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tempestfan said:

That cockpit looks just - PHantastic! You should have made a duplicate for separate display á là the Esci 1/12 pits.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken we had a deal on a different medium just when C19 got into stride. It took some time (well, some 33 months if I calculated correctly :-)) but good things may take a while. The books are just excellent! As was your packaging - many thanks! This just leaves me five of the entire Ali range to get - #24 Ca 311/314, Straniere 1 and 2, and 2 of the Coloris - I think 1 and 3. actually 4 and 5 If you know someone who wants to part with theirs at a reasonable price - drop me a line!

Thanks but l think you're mistaken me for somebody else.

René

Awesome,that's all I can say, except maybe I was standing next to the real thing many years ago--may Dad worked at the Neuburg airbase until 1991,so I can say your build is spot on !!

• Like 1

Phantoms are magnificent aircraft and yours is no exception, the cockpit detail is superb and considering the work you've put into it, makes it even more impressive. 

The overall look is brilliant, you've done a great job 👏👏👏

Watto 👍🍻

• Thanks 1

I think all the possible superlatives have already been used leaving me scratching my head as to how to do justice to such a great job. While my aviation interest expires after the very early jets, I can appreciate how popular the Phantom is with other enthusiasts.