F-4C Phantom II Tamiya 1:32

Artistically and technically well done, but for my personal taste a bit too much of a good thing. I hope you don't take it badly, but I think criticism is allowed. 
Many greetings 

Andy 

• Like 1

A couple of posters think this is overdone. I agree that sometimes people do go too far, but if you look at photos some of the C and D models in Vietnam were actually this bad! Maybe poor paint prep/ application in theatre? Great result - well done! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ian1485 said:

A couple of posters think this is overdone. I agree that sometimes people do go too far, but if you look at photos some of the C and D models in Vietnam were actually this bad! Maybe poor paint prep/ application in theatre? Great result - well done! 

In a pilot's memoir of the period, I read that the problem with the matt paint was that it couldn't cope with low level supersonic flight through the heavy rains of Vietnam. He described picking up a newly resprayed aircraft from an in-country depot, flying through a storm and finding when he landed that half of the new paint was already gone. Maybe in that instance the paint hadn't had time to fully cure?

The Navy Phantoms in shiny paint (designed for its robust anti-corrosion qualities) stayed pretty much longer.

• Like 3