1/48 - "Secret Item" by Modelsvit - release in 2024 ?

Homebee

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 4:44 PM, exdraken said:

Mirage 4000 to complement the IV?

I like your way of thinking Werner! I won't hold my breath for that companion to my 2000 and Rafale A though.

I'd really like them to scale up their T-10-10/11 Su-27 prototype to 1/48.

hFyRuVI.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, paulsbrown said:

I like your way of thinking Werner! I won't hold my breath for that companion to my 2000 and Rafale A though.

hFyRuVI.jpg

I could offer Mirage 2000-01  in its original form  :) 

4mcbw01.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/6/2023 at 4:44 PM, exdraken said:

Mirage 4000 to complement the IV?

Releasing the IV wouldn't go a miss before they worry about any more releases. The IV has been 'coming soon' for a couple of years now.

Having said that, I'm sure they are just waiting for me to finish rescribing the Heller kit before finally announcing it!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Filler said:

Releasing the IV wouldn't go a miss before they worry about any more releases. The IV has been 'coming soon' for a couple of years now.

Having said that, I'm sure they are just waiting for me to finish rescribing the Heller kit before finally announcing it!

I Thank You for your sacrifice in anticipation 🤣 I've recently found one in the deep stash that I had forgotten all about. Think I'll hold on for a while before starting it. 

• 10 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - "Secret Item" (Sukhoi Su-15 ?) by Modelsvit - release in 2024 ?

In keeping with their history, I would suggest a Douglas F3D Skynjght in 1/48. There is a CzechModel kit but it’s from a different decade.  Another kit that would be cool is a 1/48 Yak-25 Flashlight.  Or a 1/48 Supermarine Swift. 

Edited by 28ZComeback

Some time ago, in response to a comment requesting a 1/48 scale F-86H, they responded, twice in the same response, they would seriously consider it. It would be in keeping with their tendency to produce models of not quite lesser know airplanes produced by North American Aviation. I'mm certainly hoping it's the Sabre H.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Some time ago, in response to a comment requesting a 1/48 scale F-86H, they responded, twice in the same response, they would seriously consider it. It would be in keeping with their tendency to produce models of not quite lesser know airplanes produced by North American Aviation. I'mm certainly hoping it's the Sabre H.  

The F-86H would be of great interest. Lots of color scheme/ markings options. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Homebee said:

Rumours say it could be a Sukhoi Su-15 "Flagon" - variant ?

To be followed

V.P.

I hope so. A -15TM most likely, if this is true.

Would relegate the Trumpeters to conversion parts for a -15UM two-seater or early conical radomed, single nosewheel, balilaika-winged variant.

2 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Sauce?

Who cares if it's true?

Tony 

3 hours ago, SAT69 said:

3 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

The F-86H would be of great interest. Lots of color scheme/ markings options. 

Oh please let small to moderately sized miracles happen ! I still have decals for a New York ANG “Boy’s from Syracuse” markings.

14 hours ago, Homebee said:

Rumours say it could be a Sukhoi Su-15 "Flagon" - variant ?

To be followed

V.P.

8 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

In keeping with their history, I would suggest a Douglas F3D Skynjght in 1/48. There is a CzechModel kit but it’s from a different decade.  Another kit that would be cool is a 1/48 Yak-25 Flashlight.  Or a 1/48 Supermarine Swift. 

Of course an SU-15 or Yak-25 would be a great addition as well. 

A Su-15TM would be very welcome, although I don't know whether I'd buy it in 1/48; enjoy, to all those who would. Maybe some day we'll have a good "Flagon F" in 1/72. The only 1/72 Su-15TM I can think of that's worth thinking of is the highly-detailed but cantankerous-to-build Amodel one. The PM "Su-21" is a toy, although okay as a starter kit; IIRC, there's a Su-15 "Flagon A" by Trumpeter, but it's not very accurate. Have I missed any?

John

8 minutes ago, dragonlanceHR said:

I do. Because I want one and despise the abomination made by the trumpet player.

Me too, terribly.

Sorry, my bad syntax: I should have said 'if it's true, who cares [what the source is]?' Or even sauce, come to that. 

If the Modelsvit kit is truly a Su-15TM Flagon I am in for two and, as previously suggested, will use my Trumpeter two-seater as conversion parts to make an Su-15UM. If Modelsvit do boxings of other variants, those will be irresistible too.

The Flagon's one of my all-time favourite jet interceptors and very sadly overlooked in 1:48 given that 1,272 of all marks were built between 1966 and 1980.

Tony 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, John Thompson said:

A Su-15TM would be very welcome, although I don't know whether I'd buy it in 1/48; enjoy, to all those who would. Maybe some day we'll have a good "Flagon F" in 1/72. The only 1/72 Su-15TM I can think of that's worth thinking of is the highly-detailed but cantankerous-to-build Amodel one. The PM "Su-21" is a toy, although okay as a starter kit; IIRC, there's a Su-15 "Flagon A" by Trumpeter, but it's not very accurate. Have I missed any?

John

Trumpeter has a Su15TM/F in 1/72, with all the problems of its 48 scale kit, At last there's a limited run Su21 F from VES, with an incredible level of details, all the rivets, etc ... anyway its construction is a real challenge for ultrapatient and talented people. It should be quite accurate. That's all ... till the next rumour   

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/ves-12-sukhoi-su-15tm--167214

Edited by GioCare

38 minutes ago, GioCare said:

Trumpeter has a Su15TM/F in 1/72, with all the problems of its 48 scale kit, At last there's a limited run Su21 F from VES, with an incredible level of details, all the rivets, etc ... anyway its construction is a real challenge for ultrapatient and talented people. It should be quite accurate. That's all ... till the next rumour   

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/ves-12-sukhoi-su-15tm--167214

The Trumpeter 1/72 Su15 kit doesn’t have all the problems of the 1/48 kit but it’s still not good. Is there any accurate 1/72 Su 15? I think the AModel kit is basically correct if a nightmare to build, but it’s shape is not close the the Trumpeter kit’s.